CEP products EXCELLENT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 944GTR-S
Yes, and all I found was praise to LR, if I ever buy a 944 I will surely use LR as my supplier.
A sucker is born every day.

Search for RKD's posts. Also Lart.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
2bridges
Drifting

If you don't provide proof I going to call it BS, we all know lindsey has the best reputation of any vendor out there. They have he best most up to date technology.
proof???
I am not your mama and frankly I refuse to spoon feed you. Get your own facts. I suggest staring with those that have first hand experienced a LR build failure. Send PMs search and read in this forum. It is all here.

PM RKD in OKC, he may share his first hand experience with you on the matter.

Then see if you still hold your high opinion of LRs engine building reputation.

EDIT____________________________
wait, wait ,wait a minute - "if I ever buy a 944" holy christ - you are debating the level of quality and service of an aftermarket company for a car you have never even owned.

enough said - that explains plenty
Old 05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back on subject, CEP parts and services are the best avilable. I know most of them first hand as I was involved in alot of the development. In fact most were developed back when I posted I was going to have alot of new parts designed and developed. (This is why I am so annoyed about the present situation)

The service, qualtiy of the parts, the design and thought involved all show in his parts. More is coming. I expect the 4V engine parts to open alot of eyes along with the new EFI system that comes as a complete plug and play, new harness and fully tuned ECU. Its no wonder the parts are copied.

If you want the best, most up to date parts available for these engines, its hard to look past CEP.

For those who do not understand, do not wish to have the best, not really interested in winning if racing, and want to stay in the past, keep buying from you know who.

Keep up the good work Dave.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:05 PM
944GTR-S
Banned

Originally Posted by m42racer
Back on subject, CEP parts and services are the best avilable. I know most of them first hand as I was involved in alot of the development. In fact most were developed back when I posted I was going to have alot of new parts designed and developed. (This is why I am so annoyed about the present situation)

The service, qualtiy of the parts, the design and thought involved all show in his parts. More is coming. I expect the 4V engine parts to open alot of eyes along with the new EFI system that comes as a complete plug and play, new harness and fully tuned ECU. Its no wonder the parts are copied.

If you want the best, most up to date parts available for these engines, its hard to look past CEP.

For those who do not understand, do not wish to have the best, not really interested in winning if racing, and want to stay in the past, keep buying from you know who.

Keep up the good work Dave.

Who is CEP, I have never heard of them before is it a big company like LR?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:07 PM
944GTR-S
Banned

Originally Posted by 2bridges
proof???
I am not your mama and frankly I refuse to spoon feed you. Get your own facts. I suggest staring with those that have first hand experienced a LR build failure. Send PMs search and read in this forum. It is all here.

PM RKD in OKC, he may share his first hand experience with you on the matter.

Then see if you still hold your high opinion of LRs engine building reputation.

EDIT____________________________
wait, wait ,wait a minute - "if I ever buy a 944" holy christ - you are debating the level of quality and service of an aftermarket company for a car you have never even owned.

enough said - that explains plenty

Well, I will soon have my 1st 944, my dad is going to let me have his 83 944S when I reach 16.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:21 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

RPHARRIS, CEP, Not 100% honest..well, that is not true. I have no reason to lie and I have no reason to buy peoples products.
Re-read my post. You will see that I said that "I am not convinced that either party is being 100% honest"

From what I understand, Lindsey claims to have begun development on their dry-sump kit before they ever saw yours. I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. Their system is not an exact copy either.

REGARDLESS: CEP's products look great and I AM convinced that they are one of the best places to go if you want to build a motor.

...now please resume bickering
Old 05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by RPHARRIS
Re-read my post. You will see that I said that "I am not convinced that either party is being 100% honest"

From what I understand, Lindsey claims to have begun development on their dry-sump kit before they ever saw yours. I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. Their system is not an exact copy either.

REGARDLESS: CEP's products look great and I AM convinced that they are one of the best places to go if you want to build a motor.

Dude, are you stupid or something? Evil944 is the owner of CEP, yes David Macgrath.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

Yes, I am well aware that he is. What's your point, Lart?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

youz needz to readz tha intrawebz
Old 05-28-2008, 06:28 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, I am well aware that he is. What's your point, Lart?
have you ever done business with evil944?

Well I have and he is impecable as a business person, truly responsable and honest second to none.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

No I have not, my comments pertain entirely to this situation. I really don't see where you're going with this.
Okay. vendor A develops a new product, vendor B buys the product from vendor A who is dumb enough to sell it after some people advised him not to, vendor B than copies the product changes a few things and advertises the product as developed by him.

You comprende?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

Si yo comprendede. Tambien quierro un burrito especial con carne asada

I completely understand where you're coming from and my ONLY point is that we don't know for a fact that these are copies. Sure CEP came out with these products first, but who's to say that Lindsey didn't develop their own versions (with their own R&D) in order to compete with CEP in the market place.

I'm not trying to **** anyone off, I just think it's premature to start badmouthing the Lindseys about this particular case. In my experience with Dave Lindsey, he tries his very best to be a good guy and give customers what they want.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:52 PM
RPHARRIS
Racer

...or was it comprendo? my Spanish sucks
Old 05-28-2008, 06:53 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Yes, and all I found was praise to LR, if I ever buy a 944 I will surely use LR as my supplier.
So Mike or Dave, why don't you give your side of the story. Start another thread though.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:59 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure CEP came out with these products first, but who's to say that Lindsey didn't develop their own versions (with their own R&D) in order to compete with CEP in the market place.
Because Dave and Mike PURCHASED a motor from CEP for a "customer", then a week later on their website it said "deck plate and doweled girdle coming soon" LOL!

Stand by Lindsey all you want, you'll have to learn the hard way. We all bought parts from them at one time, unfortunately. Never again.

And Lindsey didn't develop any dry sump system or pan or anything. They're using another company's pan (Havik). They probably don't even understand how one works. I have no doubt in my mind they'll learn, though, after they blow up 5 more customers motors on the customer's dime. Oh yeah, no refunds by the way.

Quick Reply: CEP products EXCELLENT!!