Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CEP products EXCELLENT!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
.......and I didn't even mention the 3 liter CEP engine that will surely beat my 2.5 HP number here in the next month or 2......

Initial test has put it ahead of mine.

The owner of said engine may be slightly retarded (imo), but the facts remain.
Just curious what did they do about the head studs? Its one area 2.5L>3.0L and the last problem I was having before switching my goals on my own motor.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:38 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 944GTR-S
The only company that I know that advertises dry sump in their web site is Lindsey Racing, but I doubt they are in the business of copying other people's products, you guys are wrong. They have a R&D department where they test and develop completely new products, Dave and Mike are men of integrity who stand behind their products, just ask anyone that had their motor build by LR if they didn't stand behind their work
You sure about that

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
That post was on the turbo944 board by David Lindsey.
I'm trying very hard to not say anything negative towards LR or their build.

The car running bad was specifically running rough on cold starts for 30 seconds, then it ran fine. The season changed to winter and ambient temps dropped significantly the months the car was in the other shop! I figured the chip was "cold natured" and is why I mentioned it to LR.

Frustrated? Hell Yes!

I would have hoped a local build with that low of miles LR would have at least offered to tear it down enough to diagnose the cause if anything to make sure it wasn't a mistake they made. Nope, too busy to mess with it. After this thread started, two weeks after the gasket went, Mike did offer me a whole $6500 for the car. Guess they wouldn't be too busy if they could make some money off reselling it once repaired. Frankly, I was very disappointed to hear, "the other mechanic you took it to messed it up," when all they worked on was the alternator and oil/amp gauges; or "You didn't have a working wideband what do you expect."

Old 05-28-2008, 01:29 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
You sure about that

Wow - hadn't seen that before, Luis.

That is an interesting way to treat the man who wrote their web board.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:31 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

However, I certainly don't want to bash anyone here.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:51 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
However, I certainly don't want to bash anyone here.
You don't have what it takes, you have the fastest car here, the biggest trucks, the biggest house, but the smallest ***** of all, that's what Mcgrath said anyway and I agree.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The only company that I know that advertises dry sump in their web site is Lindsey Racing, but I doubt they are in the business of copying other people's products, you guys are wrong. They have a R&D department where they test and develop completely new products, Dave and Mike are men of integrity who stand behind their products, just ask anyone that had their motor build by LR if they didn't stand behind their work
Including RKD's engine I know of TWO LR engines that blew up, the other is a local guy here in the chi, a pca club racer.....
Old 05-28-2008, 03:36 PM
944GTR-S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airflite40
Including RKD's engine I know of TWO LR engines that blew up, the other is a local guy here in the chi, a pca club racer.....
I bet lindsey backed their engines didn't they?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:39 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

lol.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Airflite40
we all know about RKD's engine, it was well documented here.

the other one is a PCA club racer, who had a 2.8 built by lindsey. his engine failed because the incorrect O-ring was used on the oil pick up tube, the o-ring was too large, & the pickup tube was forced in and it subsequently cracked.
bada-bing-bada-boom, no oil pressure........ another 'lister saw the engine autopsy first hand.

If anyone wants more details, I can disclose them, just please send me a free 3" lindsey exhaust first.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude, I still can't believe how many people don't get it...

LMAO

-Rogue
Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
2bridges
Drifting

The direct short and sweet. NO!

In the case of RKD not only did they not back the engine failure, but point in fact did not even want to spend the time to have first hand look at it. This to a customer that spent an absurd amount with them.

Clearly you don't have full knowledge of that event. Mistakes and new development/process improvement work will happen, but for the vendor to leave the customer footing the bill for the learning curve.......
Old 05-28-2008, 04:28 PM
944GTR-S
Banned

Originally Posted by 2bridges
The direct short and sweet. NO!

In the case of RKD not only did they not back the engine failure, but point in fact did not even want to spend the time to have first hand look at it. This to a customer that spent an absurd amount with them.

Clearly you don't have full knowledge of that event. Mistakes and new development/process improvement work will happen, but for the vendor to leave the customer footing the bill for the learning curve.......
If you don't provide proof I going to call it BS, we all know lindsey has the best reputation of any vendor out there. They have he best most up to date technology.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

If you don't provide proof I going to call it BS, we all know lindsey has the best reputation of any vendor out there. They have he best most up to date technology.
lol you seem to know alllllot, but have you ever heard of the "Search" button???
Old 05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
944GTR-S
Banned

Originally Posted by reno808
lol you seem to know alllllot, but have you ever heard of the "Search" button???
Yes, and all I found was praise to LR, if I ever buy a 944 I will surely use LR as my supplier.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:46 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Yes, and all I found was praise to LR, if I ever buy a 944 I will surely use LR as my supplier.
lol have fun

Quick Reply: CEP products EXCELLENT!!