Tilton Pedal Box

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 AM
RAPID944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm realy interested in that setup, please post when you get the parts. And what throttle cable you will use?
Alfreds
Old 12-26-2007, 11:56 AM
guards red 951
Advanced

I will try with the orginal trottle cable, hope it's not to short. if it doesn't fit, I get a coustum one..
Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Update? I filled out a form on theTtilton web sight. (They advise cylinder bore) Waiting for an answer. What Master Cylinders did you go with? How do they feel?

Clutch MC? Tilton was able to answer that by saying a 1:1. But he was a desk tech for the phone.. not sure about that. So whats the slave cylinder bore of our cars?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

great lets get this thread going again i think guards red got it all sorted hope he will come back and descuss .
so can anyone sujjest a good US mailorder shop that will match these prices

http://www.pitstopusa.com/SearchResu...CategoryID=572

As these guys wont reply to my emails
floor mount does look easier to me i think i would run 1" square tube from the seat rails to pedal box i have seen in a few wrecks that the foot well needs work come cage time for safty any how
Old 11-22-2009, 04:27 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Floor mount geometry is un-favorable.. told by many.. Overhung is the way everyone is going.. (firewall mount also)
Old 11-22-2009, 04:52 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Scoff ! .....
Who's every body ???
do you just mean in this kind of flimsy floor car .
while seated the human ankle pivots from the bottom
in a right hand drive car there is no room for the masters to the right of the clutch .
in a wrong hand drive car it may work out ok as there is room and you will have very little plumbing to do .
but still the question is still out there about what size masters to run..

I'm thinking about doing my own thing with vertical mounted masters above the pedal .
Old 11-22-2009, 07:08 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Do I espy a Gauntlet on the floor??

Document your moves chaps. Interesting.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:15 AM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I am doing that

Go to Tilton's website. They have a page where you can fill out all of the information and they will recommend a setup for you. I am using the stock turbo brakes and they suggested a 5/8 for the front and 14/16 for the rear. They have a mount for the dual cylinders that has an integrated balance bar on Summit. I found someone who makes a custom mount specifically for the 944 to mount in the factory location at the proper angle with the cylinders in a vertical arrangement instead of side by side. PM me if you want a link.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:44 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by arthropraxis
Go to Tilton's website. They have a page where you can fill out all of the information and they will recommend a setup for you. I am using the stock turbo brakes and they suggested a 5/8 for the front and 14/16 for the rear. They have a mount for the dual cylinders that has an integrated balance bar on Summit. I found someone who makes a custom mount specifically for the 944 to mount in the factory location at the proper angle with the cylinders in a vertical arrangement instead of side by side. PM me if you want a link.
I filled that form out on their website.. I'm waiting for an answer. But there is still much debate on what feels correct.

I don't need the custom mount because I am fabricating their overhung pedals and keeping the reservoirs inside the firewall. It is a nifty piece though for many.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by gt37vgt
Scoff ! .....
Who's every body ???
do you just mean in this kind of flimsy floor car .
while seated the human ankle pivots from the bottom
in a right hand drive car there is no room for the masters to the right of the clutch .
in a wrong hand drive car it may work out ok as there is room and you will have very little plumbing to do .
but still the question is still out there about what size masters to run..

I'm thinking about doing my own thing with vertical mounted masters above the pedal .
LOL. Scoffing is thoroughly encouraged. I say question everything. But at this point, Im convinced, and am commited to the overhung route.

Chris White is one who recommends overhung.. Sam Shalayla at Pro -technik is another. Both with decent driving experience. Some other guy on the 911 forums that seem to have some respect with them also suggest overhung as compared to the floor mount.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:29 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

I'm not convinced either way really its just that floor mount looks so bad ***... fond in heaps of hardcore stuff appollo mcLaren nobel selleen etc . and those big TILTON letters showier than diamond studded a disigner jeans label above your **** .
for the sake of better brakes only i think standard pedal + balace bar on a plate replacing booster is the way to easy to do but when you want to make use of the space in the bay and your interior is stripped and caged its all different hey .
Old 11-22-2009, 12:10 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now see Patrick?

There goes a nice burnout/drifting avatar

I am moving to Norway....
Old 11-22-2009, 12:47 PM
95ONE
Race Car

I totally wanted the floors for bling. Hell, yeah. I kept mentioning them to people I know with "pedal" experience, and 3 locals recommended the overhung instead. And it was truly to my dismay.

Still hoping gaurds red pops in here for some kind of an update?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:03 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

I have seen many floor mount assemblies work just fine. The only real issue is that you use up valuable space, unless of course you move your seat further back, hint, hint. In a track car, it works great.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:04 PM
968ls1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual Masters

I have a firewall mount with 3/4" AP master cylinders front and rear with a balance bar; it looks like the system Kokeln used to sell. I use modified 951 turbo S front calipers with Stop Tech 14" rotors and 993 rear calipers with factory 968 rotors that have been slotted. This set up work great but it took some time to get it dialed in. If my car was not a street/DE car; I would have hung a Tilton set up and have deal with the tight fit under the hood. I have an LS1 in my car and used a Tilton 7/8" master cylinder on the clutch, the factory 19mm made it difficult to get into 1st gear and reverse so I went for a little more volume and now it works perfect.

Quick Reply: Tilton Pedal Box