Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Okay...just need to add one thing...

One cannot "DEaccelerate". One can accelerate or decelerate. That which is in between is stasis....just saying....

thought we needed a bit of "English Tech" for those of us colonists who only marginally speak "The Queens".
OK, next time I reach the appropriate braking point at the track I will lift off the gas and reunaccelerate followed by application of the brake and initiate some positive disacceleration.

BTW – reminds me of the running joke we had back in High school – A bunch of us used to travel around in a VW bug (usually to go skateboarding) and the brakes were so pathetic that we all would turn around and face backwards whenever we had to brake – we were reversing our momentum…
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
JET951
Drifting

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

lol my bad ehall. i really should pay attention to spellcheck shouldnt i. well at least i know you read my posts.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

One cannot "DEaccelerate". One can accelerate or decelerate. That which is in between is stasis....just saying....

thought we needed a bit of "English Tech" for those of us colonists who only marginally speak "The Queens".
Hey it's you guys up there who put 'De' before everything. Hell you don't even disembark from a Jet, you 'De-Plane' !

ps I agree that we should pay a smidge more attention to how we write in here on occasion.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
jc in rb
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can one disembark from a tree???
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Just want to add one more thing here, Ehall:

To be 100% accurate, acceleration is both speeding up and slowing down. By definition, acceleration is a change in velocity over time. Since velocity is a vector, two changes can be possible, magnitude or direction. In one dimension (EX: a line) acceleration is the rate at which something speeds up or slows down.

Just sayin'
Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 AM
mikey_audiogeek
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric_Oz_S2
I can get both lift off oversteer and power oversteer. On faster corners I can balance it on the throttle, on slower and compound or reverse curves it can get a little twitchy, especially under braking. But I have got it fish tailing exiting tight curves on (gentle) throttle.
Hi Eric, have you checked the rear bump stops to make sure they're not loading up under the combination of squat and cornering?
Might also be worth raising the front ride height (increments of 10mm) to see if raising the front roll centre makes any difference - should feel much better on tight turns.
Radical move would be more rear spring and less rear bar - counterintuitive, but can work wonders on semitrailing arm suspension.

My car is 400lb/in front, 850lb/in rear, M030 sways with rear on middle setting, zero front/rear toe, and I still have too much understeer for my liking ...
Old 04-27-2010, 07:43 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JET951
lol my bad ehall. i really should pay attention to spellcheck shouldnt i. well at least i know you read my posts.
I always read the posts of our Ausiie friends. You guys are always doing crazy car crap!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:44 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White
OK, next time I reach the appropriate braking point at the track I will lift off the gas and reunaccelerate followed by application of the brake and initiate some positive disacceleration.

BTW – reminds me of the running joke we had back in High school – A bunch of us used to travel around in a VW bug (usually to go skateboarding) and the brakes were so pathetic that we all would turn around and face backwards whenever we had to brake – we were reversing our momentum…
rofl! aWESOME!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S

To be 100% accurate, acceleration is both speeding up and slowing down. By definition, acceleration is a change in velocity over time. Since velocity is a vector, two changes can be possible, magnitude or direction. In one dimension (EX: a line) acceleration is the rate at which something speeds up or slows down.

Just sayin'
So other than "Stasis", I was correct!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:46 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jc in rb
Can one disembark from a tree???
No but apparently we Americans can "De-Tree"!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:05 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris White
Fastimes at Ridgemont High dude!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikey_audiogeek
Hi Eric, have you checked the rear bump stops to make sure they're not loading up under the combination of squat and cornering?
Might also be worth raising the front ride height (increments of 10mm) to see if raising the front roll centre makes any difference - should feel much better on tight turns.
Radical move would be more rear spring and less rear bar - counterintuitive, but can work wonders on semitrailing arm suspension.

My car is 400lb/in front, 850lb/in rear, M030 sways with rear on middle setting, zero front/rear toe, and I still have too much understeer for my liking ...
That sounds plain weird Mikey. How can you have too much understeer with that setup? Just doesn't make sense...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S

Just sayin'
So Darwin are you saying that in 2d and moving in a line, even if you're slowing down it's still considered acceleration because you are moving forward?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
gt37vgt
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any change in velocity really is acceleration when you corner is lateral acceleration ??

the easy way to check suspension travel is put a cable tie tight on the strut chrome of the shock above the bump stop then after a few laps the position of the cable tie will indicate the maximum compression there was...
Old 04-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Eric_Oz_S2
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey_audiogeek

That does seem like a very rear biased setting. What sort of shocks do you run?

The rear bumps aren't loading up - plenty of travel there. What I think might be contributing is the combination of tbars and springs. The spring length is such that I can't lower any further and I feel the springs are taking a lot of the initial load. I'm going to put some shorter springs in and adjust the rear height down a bit and see what happens (if my toe and sway adjustment didn't work).

Quick Reply: KW Variant 3 coilovers: A short review