Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Central FL GTG????

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:49 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Travis,
we have a few events much like that in Orlando, one being "Cars for the Cure" in Sanford, and another being "Concours de'Elegance" in Winter Park, both starring mostly high end supercars and many nice examples of older sports cars. We'll keep you guys informed of when they come up. Always great to attend though.

Our next 944 meet should be within the next short months. I'm waiting for the cooler weather to arrive before I schedule anything. But mark my words, it is going to be a monstrous 944 meet, with possibly more participants than 944fest in Ohio! Well we'll see...
And as always I will most definitely PM everybody well in advance about the date and details of the meet. It is certain to be an awesome time.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In fact the September *Orlando, FL Cars & Cafe "Saturday" 09/26/09* NEW LOCATION!!!!!!!!!! s this Saturday
Old 09-24-2009, 01:06 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kabel_Boxster
Indeed! I will be in Daytona for the SCCA club races but depending on my schedule, I may be able to stop by in the morning on my way out. Kevin keep an eye out for green (again) this time if I show up!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:29 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

I will!
This Saturday has four different car club events I wanted to do but could only choose one, so in my current condition, attending C&C made the most sense.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:14 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Oh, hello...

Old 09-27-2009, 06:40 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks Kevin, you always have the best shots from the C&C meets! Have a link to your album?

And jesus tap dancing christ on crutches that was a crazy meet, SOOO many cars showed up! Unbelievable.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

The full set and larger versions can be found here:

Orlando Cars and Café - September Photos

Old 09-28-2009, 10:18 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Damn, Elliott...

That care of yours sounds like there's an epileptic marksman nearby, whenever you lift off the throttle!

-Running a little rich are we?

Still looks VERY purposeful and 'moody', but the right rear lights are tinted more than the left, so it looks a little 'lazy-eyed' when you hit the brakes...

The car does still look VERY good in motion, though!

Keith
Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Hey Keith,
I think it's a combination of my TPS adjustment, AFM adjustment, wide-open exhaust, and some vacuum leaks, or something, which makes it backfire so hardcore like that. I was just making it backfire to get your attention It will only do it while downshifting and not rev-matching. So basically I was making it backfire, whereas it doesn't do it under normal driving conditions... but yes it's probably more rich than normal.

Soon enough I will have a wideband O2 sensor along with the LR MAF kit and some other good junk installed, and then I will be in business.

I'll have to check out whats up with the brake lights. I think there might be some mold/dirt in the tail lenses. The only part I actually tinted was the amber rear turn signals to red. If not it could be a weak electrical connection, this car has been having electrical problems out the *** lately.

By the way, did I see your car on some twists at the C&C meet on Saturday? There was a white 951 with a roll bar, but by the time I walked over to where it was parked, it had already left... I thought it might have been your car on some different wheels..?

And Kevin, awesome pictures! Very nice, thank you!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VWaddict
That car of yours sounds like there's an epileptic marksman nearby, whenever you lift off the throttle!
LOL!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:45 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

TPS is fairly new.
( was brand new a few years ago. so it should be fine.)

On the lights you should check the bulbs. If one goes they all can, and the sockets are pretty worn out. I never needed to change the brake lights, so they are old. The right rear lense is original, the left is a few years old. No matter what you do, the right will be dimmer, until you replace the rear lense.

WTF did you do to the car to make it backfire? That car already ran a bit rich, so more would be umm,,,BAD!

If ya want the electrical problems to go away, quit ****ing with the electricals!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:56 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Originally Posted by drift a 944
H
There was a white 951 with a roll bar, but by the time I walked over to where it was parked, it had already left...
And Kevin, awesome pictures! Very nice, thank you!
Thanks E. The 951 you saw was Gary Merideths' car.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:33 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Yep... Gary Meredith's car... not actually a 951 but an S2.

Gary is a monster driver by the way... and the funny thing is that he knows my car's original owner; -in fact they're great friends. -When he first saw my car about 3 years ago, he spent about thirty seconds looking at it, then introduced himself to me and said "this has GOT to be Xxxxxxxx's old car???"

Gary's about 4 seconds a lap faster than me at auto-cross!

Keith
Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

anyone headed to Daytona next weekend for OctoberFast?
I will likely be there for a while both days to take some photos.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:13 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

update on my car! (since i've been working on it often this week) - i fixed the tail light issue by rewiring the left side to the right side, because the bulbs were good but the fuse kept blowing out due to a short somewhere in the wire harness. Same thing with my windows, found and fixed that, put some crappy 968 black seats in the car, didnt really do much justice for anything though... rebuilt the drivers side door lock cylinder, lowered the rear of the car down finally after rotating the bottom of the shock mount 180 degrees for clearance, and I plan on swapping over my Momo steering wheel from the red car today.

On the red car I finally cut the throttle cable, soldered in an extension piece, and modified and powder-coated the adjustment bracket, so now it looks sweeeet! That's about it though. If I put as much time into this car as I have been the 951, it would be on the road by now!

Quick Reply: Central FL GTG????