Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Central FL GTG????

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:29 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll find out how firm they are on pre registration for this event and if we are imposing any sort of cap.

And it is true, we have put a cap in place for non-members (40) at our normal events. Non-members are also required to pre-register and pre-pay online. There are also new policies in place to becoming a member. All of this is an effort to maximize manageability of events and to encourage active and responsible members.

We had difficulty reaching the administrator of the old mscc web site to make updates so we abandoned it. We now have a better site here:
Up-to-date event information, membership & non-member info is available at the above link.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Opeth
Pro

Lightbulb hmmm

Holy $hit all this time I thought those autocrosses were put on by the PCA... do they do different weekends that you all? ... Anyhow the requirements listed so far are "no novices" ... whats that mean?

(if I have to ask does that mean i am one? )

Im interested, keep us posted!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

You might be a novice if you have to ask

Yes, MSCC and the FCR PCA are different events. MSCC has an event every month, the Citrus Region PCA takes a break in the summer so they get in about 6-8 events. Except for the mini-prix events, both clubs have their events at the lake county site. And MSCC provides the equipment and support for the PCA events. The next MSCC event is the Mini-Prix on April 13, in Gainesville; the next FCR PCA event is Sunday April 6 at the lake county site.

How many autocross events have you attended or track days have you done?

The mini-prix is sort of a treat for the club, we do one in the spring and one in the fall. For the same reasons we have the mini-prix we also restrict it to experienced drivers, because of the higher speed that can be achieved at the test track. We need to have experienced drivers and course workers to really run a fun and more importantly, a safe event.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:16 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Kevin does MSCC still give all miniprix participants a free t-shirt like previous years?

Unfortunately I have a hunch that I wont be able to make it out there but there is always a small chance!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Opeth
Pro

Lightbulb hmmm

hmmm , alot of driving experience , little racing experience: only one autocross... maybe two by then

alas, I may not be ready to tear up the track...
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

I hate to discourage anyone from having fun, & I really don't mean to come off sounding all pompous, but the bottom line is safety and lack of experience generally translates to a liability.

I don't know you enough to say you should or shouldn't come out to this event, and we really have no way of finding out how much experience you have. If you feel you are responsible, and you understand the greater risk associated with running at the test track as opposed to the little Lake County site I would say come on out if you really want to.

We do still give out commemorative t-shirts, though i have not heard anything about one yet for this event (I designed the shirts for the last Mini-Prix).

Online Registration is open for this event, and it appears as though we are not imposing any attendance cap. Head over to the www.martinsportscarclub.net web site for more information and the link to the pre-registration page on myautoevents.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Opeth
Pro

Default :P

Ya no rookies , I get it
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Originally Posted by Opeth
"oh snap U cant drive"
Now-now, I never said that.
But I did forget that all 944 owners are angels and have perfect driving records.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

True!!!

0 points on my license......now that the 7years is up. LOL
Old 03-15-2008, 01:58 AM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drift a 944
Gentlemen where and when would you like the next 944 GTG to be held?

open to all suggestions.

So far the ideas are as follows:
1. new location to mix it up?
- not a shop, so that we can post flyers at other shops to attract more attendants (will work)
- somewhere to eat that has sufficient parking
2. make this a cruise meet?
- start at a meeting spot, take pictures, then take a scenic drive to a place to eat?
3. make this during the day on a Saturday?

also, posted up a few more pics in the picture thread, so check those out (just a couple)
so....

any ideas?

How does May 3rd around 12pm sound? May 17th?
Old 03-18-2008, 05:12 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

anyone home?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:08 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Citrus Region PCA Autocross next Sunday, April 6th!

The Second Annual Space Coast vs. Florida Citrus Region Challenge Autocross will be this Sunday, April 6 at the Lake county Sheriff's Training Facility.* Directions and other information are on www.flcitrusregion.org.* Go to events then autocross.* As usual, come early, do a good course walk and drive your Porsche the way the engineers designed it.* Registration is $25.* Lunch will be partially supported by Sid Collins of Troysport.* In addition, Sid will give a Tech Session during lunch.* Need help setting up your car to win?* Sid is the guy.

Last year, Florida Citrus dominated the Challenge, taking almost all of the top places.* But, our friends from Space Coast have been practicing and will be tough this year.* Please come out and drive your best.

Last edited by kabel_Boxster; 03-31-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added event info from the autox chairperson.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:17 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Yeah, baby!!!

Keef
Old 04-03-2008, 11:28 PM
wntrprk951
AutoX

Sunday will be my first Autocross......looking forward to it!!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:40 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, hopefully I'm moving down to Orlando (my home town) this fall. So, I'm going to keep keeping up with this thread. I should be down from Jacksonville in June or July, so...GOD help you!

Quick Reply: Central FL GTG????