Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Central FL GTG????

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 09:27 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed bring out the 928! I have never seen one autox, and have only seen two maybe three on the streets. OT I think I saw a red 968 cab the other day.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:18 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Keith made it out but we missed seeing the rest of you lot. There was another 944 - red, and a 928(?) with a corvette engine. I even talked to a couple owners who didn't even know about rennlist and renntech

IIRC there were tentative autocross dates already for January February and March!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

968 with an LS2 I think...

No brake booster, and stock 968 brakes = lousy braking! VERY entertaining with the torque breakaway though!

My good deed for the day was getting that frog-green 914 going. -As soon as I heard how it sounded, my immediate guess was fouled plugs... Pulled them out, they were sooty and black. Cleaned them up and it ran... MUCH too rich, which probably explains why they were soot-black in the first place!

Well, I hope he got some good runs in anyway... I like the 914s too!

Keith
Old 12-04-2007, 06:06 AM
87924GT
Racer

Missed you guys last Sunday, my 13 yr old had her first voice solo (in public) and couldn't miss it.
Sounds like Mark was there with his "new" 968. He's over on a hybrid board trying to get some ideas about the brake issue. He brought it by the shop last week and it sounds like a SB should, ballsy (sp).
I'm thinking of doing a conversion myself with Wilwood brakes, an S2 box but right now that's just yada, yada, yada!
Pic to show up soon?
xoxoxo
Steve Ed
Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Good for you Keith helping with the 914. He did get it out and made at least four if not all five runs, by his last run it sounded so much better.

I was next to him at the beginning of the round when he was trying to get it running, and you could just smell how rich it was (barely) running. He was pretty excited to finally get it out on the course!

I didn't take any pics, but saw lots of cameras, mostly from Space Coast member though. We did have a professional photographer there, I'll see if he will release a few screen res photos for us to post.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Kevin I was trying to place him, and I remember who he looked like:

Dana from work has a son named Cory, who was ALWAYS fiddling with cars. -he looked just like that, in fact Cory used to work for security for a while last year, and he ALWAYS had beat-up looking hondas with engine-swaps every week or two... -I wonder if that was Cory?

-Anyway, I was just glad I was able to help: I once had a similar experience with a carburetted VW on a raceday, and it all came flooding back!!!

-He really needs to get it properly tuned with a gas analyser, then he should be able to really start to enjoy it!

Oh, and Kevin, -Does the MSCC photograhper have any of my car? -I took off after I spent a good portion of the session working on the 914, so I didn't get to see if there were any decent shots from any of my efforts. -Oh, and he mentioned that the had a cab from the old system which htey might want me to take a look at...

Keith
Old 12-04-2007, 02:36 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Not Cory, but your right big resemblance! He usually brings out an older (80's?) 911.

I have a message in to the photographer about the pics he took. I am certain he got shots of everybody, but I do not think he has an online gallery set up.

Yes, one of the old speaker cabinets went kaput shortly after we started using the new amp . Not sure it's worth fixing, I'll have a closer look at it at our next event (sunday).

I drove the miata yesterday and was going to take the boxster out today when I looked at the right rear tire... corded !!! How long does it take to get to the center of a PS2? Oh, about 15 months the way I drive (not sure of the mileage until I look at the OD)! New set or rears is on the way (ouch).

btw, you should visit, I have lowered and added a hard top to the miata
Old 12-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Acetylene
Pro

Hey guys sorry I missed the event - again. When is the next get together? I am out on business from this Friday the 7th until the 16th. Then again the weekend after Christmas. Is it possible to do something the weekend before Christmas or is that just too busy of a time for everyone?
Old 12-23-2007, 05:07 PM
kabel_Boxster
Racer

Happy Holidays to all my font engine blokes!

btw, passed a black 944 this morning in waterford lakes, I was in my Miata. Gave a thums up and got one back anyone from here?
Old 12-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Acetylene
Pro

You probably won't believe this, but on Thursday night I passed a really nice red 951 coming out of Waterford. I pulled in and I parked two spaces down from a yellow Cayman S and about an hour later, while walking back to my car, a silver Lamborghini Murceilago pulled right in front of Subway. I couldn't believe my luck, but then I went back out Christmas shopping on Friday and saw a white 951, a red 944, and a maroon 968 in Winter Park. Later I saw a white 951 on University (probably Keith as it the light beofre Full Sail). I was beside myself with my luck and telling my wife about it on the way home when a yellow Lambo passed me on I-4 and took the Heathrow/46A exit!! True story.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Opeth
Pro

Exclamation hey

Yes Merry Christmas all!
Old 12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Merry...

...had a little lamb!

Damn... I go out for ONE drive in the Lambo an' I'm gettin' busted all over town...!

Been at 'Full-Scale' for the last few days... kerrissmuss is my busy time...

Keef
Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have seen several 944's in town lately as well. Up until Christmas day, I had my red 951 in town for the two-months or so prior. The last two week's i've seen several on 436, and 434. I try to stay off I-4 as much as possible, but I did see one on my way home from my parents on Christmas day heading East.

Anyone on here travel 434 a lot?
Old 12-27-2007, 02:26 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I do!

But I also see plenty of others on 434 as well.

In fact I see 944's or 951's from time to time all over but I am just in either the wrong car or wrong time to catch them.

Anyways.... who's going to the Rolex this year??!!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Opeth
Pro

Exclamation me!

Im going to Rolex, already got the spot and RV lined up, not sure if im gonna bring out the PCar though...

Quick Reply: Central FL GTG????