Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Intercooler questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Several of you berate me like I'm some newbie that has absolutely no experience with turbochargers.
It is only because this is how you present yourself. In all your posts you have never that I have seen shown a pic or even given an example of what you have built. It is always 'in my experience' or 'from what I've seen'. It is not a matter of your saying one thing suspicious, it's an overall view of everything you say. You had an entire garage full of parts to prove your mechanical prowess but in the end, actually assembling it was to much for you to handle so you sold it off in here. Even with all of that, you would get more respect if you didn't constantly get so emotional whenever someone disagrees with you. It also seems like a habit of yours to disagree with the people in here who actually BUILD 951's...people who have been there, done that and won the race. It is never going to be easy to convince someone that what they have done for years isn't possible. You always seem to pick the impossible battles, just for the sake of arguing.

Have any of you actually even ever used a larger than stock IC on any car before? I have. If you haven't, maybe you should simply give my comments some consideration before attacking me.

Apples to apples brother. Have you ever actually used a larger than stock intercooler IN A 951? No. Have you ever used a larger than stock turbo in a 951? No. Have you ever run big boost in a 951? No. Saying that pulling the stock intercooler in a nissan and replacing it brought gains so therefore the stock porsche intercooler must suck too is oversimplification..something you do quite often. What makes you such an expert that you can tell those of us who run large numbers, race these cars year in and year out that you know all and we are poor ignorant peasants who should look up to you as a mechanical genius? No, we don't show you the respect you think you deserve..because that is earned, not given. Go over to the ricer sites and tell them they are doing it all wrong...you will get the same response. As has been said many times, BUILD A CAR...then tell us how your way is better. Until then you are just another teenage kid looking for props he doesn't deserve.

I may not have done much with 951's
Oh, you are entirely to modest. To modest by far. What you mean to say is you certainly have not done anything at all with 951's but believe me when I tell you we worship the knowledge you bring to this forum. My car, which has been with me longer than you have been out of high school, is impossible in your opinion...so rather than go to the track again this weekend (for what is pushing the 100th weekend) I'm going to go home and tear it apart. I'll build it in the image of what you say a perfect 951 should be (there are plenty of posts from you dictating the build). Then I'll tow it into my back yard (since it won't start) and plant flowers around it. It will forever be the "Shrine de-File" and porsche fanatics from all over will come to lay dead chickens upon the shrine. They will chant from the sacred scrolls and worship the blingy parts hanging from home depot straps wood screwed to the chassis. It shall be glorious.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" It will forever be the "Shrine de-File" and
porsche fanatics from all over will come to lay dead chickens upon the shrine. They will chant from the
sacred scrolls and worship the blingy parts hanging from home depot straps wood
screwed to the chassis. It shall be glorious."
bill...consider this quote stolen.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:55 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yes Ehall............ Lose the avatar.....that is the scariest thing I have seen in ages

thommo, you don't like Rosie Hussein?
lol... I have to say that pic was just freaking impossible to look at! lol
back to Dr. Gonzo!
Old 06-01-2007, 06:36 PM
billindenver
Burning Brakes

Ehall, I called guys in yesterday to look at that avatar. One of the funnier I've seen.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:28 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

It becomes crystall clear that Porsche pile has no actual experience, all what he does is copy and paste some stuff from various rice boards. While I agree that theory is the basis for practical applications , it is time to walk the walk , build that 9th earthwonder 951 or just shut up.

BTW, you never spam the 911 turbo board with your BS despite you claim you have one. Do you mind to share some details , I really would like to pick your brains on that one, and maybe a drag slip which is so coveted in the Rice world or any other GPS verified data ?
Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pole position
It becomes crystall clear that Porsche pile has no actual experience, all what he does is copy and paste some stuff from various rice boards. While I agree that theory is the basis for practical applications , it is time to walk the walk , build that 9th earthwonder 951 or just shut up.

BTW, you never spam the 911 turbo board with your BS despite you claim you have one. Do you mind to share some details , I really would like to pick your brains on that one, and maybe a drag slip which is so coveted in the Rice world or any other GPS verified data ?

PM sent.

Quick Reply: Intercooler questions