Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: !!! Idle issue! w/ complete test results. Solve the Mystery !!!
throttle position sensor (tps)
50.00%
ignition coil
14.29%
dme
21.43%
convince me of another option
14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

!!! Idle issue! w/ complete test results. Solve the Mystery !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Based on the values you posted, the MAF voltage is fine. I would charge the battery, then proceed!
When the TPS is set correctly:
- did you try shorting B & C poles on the test plug? Any difference? If yes, can you adjust the TB Idle screw to get a clean idle?
- Did you try disconnecting the ICV? Any difference?
- Did you unplug the O2 sensor? Any difference?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
Based on the values you posted, the MAF voltage is fine. I would charge the battery, then proceed!
When the TPS is set correctly:
- did you try shorting B & C poles on the test plug? Any difference? If yes, can you adjust the TB Idle screw to get a clean idle?
- Did you try disconnecting the ICV? Any difference?
- Did you unplug the O2 sensor? Any difference?
Yes I have tried shorting B and C on the test plug w/ no difference seen. If it helps to add, when the screw on top of the throttle body is almost bottomed out it runs best, however the idle rpm will be so low and the only way to get the proper engine speed is to back out the screw (until the point where you can hear air rushing into the throttle). I have tried every combination of idle adjustments that can be made using the screw on top, screw on the side, and tps (both while B and C shorted and while not).

ICV is new as of a few days ago. I did try disconnecting it last year w/ no positive results. May try this again with the new unit in there and let you know.

O2 has been both plugged in and unplugged, no difference.

John, if you remember me from last year I made note that it runs better at idle on +10% fuel setting. But then it is too rich off idle and is losing efficiency.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:20 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By better atr idle at +10% fuel I mean it pulls slightly more vac. (concistent 14, maybe 15 if I'm lucky) and runs smoother. Not a fix that is for sure. Once again just slightly masking the concern.

Quick Reply: !!! Idle issue! w/ complete test results. Solve the Mystery !!!