Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

944 V8 Race car for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Acetylene
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony, still using the stock trans? any trans mods?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:04 PM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TonyG
You got that right.

The LS engine takes a great sports car and turns it into a flat-out bad-*** bully.

Every time I come to a stop light, it's like I'm looking for a street fight. That's the only way I know how to explain it. The car is wicked evil for sure.

The people that discount the LS V8 engine conversion, which used to include myself, have absolutely zero idea of what the car turns into. The difference is that much of a night-and-day comparison.

As you know, you'd have to drive it to understand it.

And.. yes, I'm still running the same headers. But the exhaust system connecting to the headers, back to the single 3" cat-back has been completely reworked.

TonyG
Well said Tony! That is a very nice invitation you're offering. Once you've driven one there is no going back.

It really amazes me how these cars perform with this kind of power-band. Stangs, vettes, camaros, and you name it, run rampant around here and so I'm constantly being challenged. I didn't build the car for this but it does excel in a street fight!

I'm also redoing my exhaust before I do heads/cam in my LS2 this winter. Trying to come up with a somewhat stealthy approach to dual exhaust. Have you sorted this out yet?

Thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 11:18 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Acetylene

The trans is a stock Turbo S trans with GKN Motorsports performance axles.

TonyG
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DVC

Your car is very nice looking. I love the silver.

There's not much in the way of "solutions" to the exhaust situation.

It's going to have to be dual 3" all the way back.

I wanted to use the Burns Stainless oval tubing , but the header collector is so low, that I'd sill have round tubing from the collector to the horizontal plane, which would defeat the purpose of using oval tubing in the first place.

I could go dual 3" to horizontal, then to a single 4" (or bigger), but what's the point? I might as well go dual 3" all the way back.

TonyG
Old 09-17-2007, 01:21 PM
DVC
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the great reply, Tony. Our exhaust systems are pretty much identical now, so I'll be interested to see your revision. Anyway, your car has been an inspiration - I watched your video at least 500 times before I finished my swap I do have one regret though....not having done it sooner!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyG

As you know, you'd have to drive it to understand it. That's why I have a standing invitation to any (almost any, as there are a couple of idiots here that simply aren't welcome) Rennlister who wants to experience the bad-*** 944 V8 for themselves.

TonyG
Special tool, forget the idea of testing the car dude, I on the other side will drop by this week to test the poorsvette that tinyg is selling. Tiny is tomorrow morning okay?

Quick Reply: 944 V8 Race car for Sale