Official Gulf Porsche 944 GTR Turbo Project Thread **Pics Updated Today Jan 5**

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 10:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guns951
Rolex: thanks bud , you'll have fun strutting this IMSA clone around the Glen in July
Can you say big time, ha!

Old 01-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Well you and Chris are the only people that will ever get to drive this car in anger...the only other people to drive it will be the guy who loads it up on the truck.......

I just want to see that smile on both of your faces when you strap in and blip the loud pedal
Old 01-03-2007, 01:38 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Lart: This is the first sanctioned Cannonball run event since 1979...I'm starting in Atlanta and continuing to LA via Las Vegas. Here's a generic map of the starting locations with the circle around my start location. I'll be in LA on the 4th of August so if you want to meet up I'd be more than happy to do so. Maybe we can have a rennlist GTG or something .
I'll meet with you only if you win 1st place or at least get 2nd place, anything below that, dude I don't know you. That will be a great opportunity for a gtg, we should organize someting like that.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Most definately, technically its not a race just whoever gets closest to averaging 62 mph over 3000 miles, but I will be quick to get to LA - hopefully be with the first pack!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 AM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember to bring your camera, I heard there's some fuel enhancement if you're able to capture the elusive bandito.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Haha, Lart's secret just might have to remain just that! Depends on how much Rolex scares me at the track!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:24 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Most definately, technically its not a race just whoever gets closest to averaging 62 mph over 3000 miles, but I will be quick to get to LA - hopefully be with the first pack!
Yeah, yeah, it isn't a race. Right. And like your not going to see Enzos, Gallardos, and 911Ts not flying well over 100 MPH? Please...

Old 01-03-2007, 09:45 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

all I think anyone can say is holy chit man. Great project and what a serious undertaking. It looks like you are going to document this project very well which is what rennlist is all about(I did the same thing on my rear). I can't wait to see more pics/vids when they are made available.

Words can't describe how excited we are for you. I expect the car will surpass all you're expectations. People forget just how much you can accomplish with enough money. I think projects like this one, rolex's, special tool's, dfast, the new 3.2ltr UK guys are really helping to further along this community.

I kinda saw the 951 future (aftermarket speaking atleast) kinda bleek but, the more we push the boundaries of what's known the far greater our results. It just helps the community grow and prosper. Great work and I think I speak for everyone when I say we will all be clicking this thread daily for new info.

Time for another 951 vs the world thread.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Guns951
Race Car

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I kinda saw the 951 future (aftermarket speaking atleast) kinda bleek but, the more we push the boundaries of what's known the far greater our results. It just helps the community grow and prosper.

Time for another 951 vs the world thread.
Thanks man! That's one of the major things is I want to get the word out on what can be done to these cars! I love the 951 so much, with the kind of visibility this car will get a ton of questions will be asked. And for once in this cars history it won't be a "well this is a one off, not too many 951s put down power like this." I'll be able to list off all the big and medium displacement motors and how successful the powerplants are along with reliability etc.

I see this market growing to the size of the 993tt market and then some with the developments certain engine builders and turbo suppliers are willing to make. Any time you have guys like Chris White & John Vitesse pushing the envelope of the possible into the relm of what used to be impossible, good things happen.

As far as the community goes, one of my main goals is to build a Porsche that any guy sees, and despite preference for cosmetics or mechanics and styling choices, will give the 951 the respect and downright awe that this model demands. The potential is there, now its time for everyone else to recognize it .
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

As far as the community goes, one of my main goals is to build a Porsche that any guy sees, and despite preference for cosmetics or mechanics and styling choices, will give the 951 the respect and downright awe that this model demands. The potential is there, now its time for everyone else to recognize it .
Bravo Guns!

Old 01-04-2007, 01:56 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Default PARTS!

And speaking of making people proud, super light carbon fiber low drag mirrors are a start! The ugly mounting bracket will be on the inside of the door so just the stem will pop through the old mirror hole to give a very clean look then it will be welded shut and smoothed over.

Also a pic of the shaved door kit I'm using. Door will pop open by remote (i.e. button 1 opens driver's door, button 2 opens passenger door, button 3 opens both).

Lynn just snapped these pics of the stuff that came in for the car - I'll post up pics of the flares when I get them tomorrow or so.

I LOVE PARTS!!!! BTW the shop (Martin Brother's Paint & Body) has been a blast to deal with, these guys just wow me with thier ability to change scope and suit my every need. I highly, highly, highly recommend them for top notch work.
Attached Images       
Old 01-04-2007, 01:58 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Love the mirrors!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Guns951
Race Car

Coming from you mike, that means alot
Old 01-04-2007, 02:04 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

And speaking of making people proud, super light carbon fiber low drag mirrors are a start! The ugly mounting bracket will be on the inside of the door so just the stem will pop through the old mirror hole to give a very clean look then it will be welded shut and smoothed over.
Wow dude, they are sweet!! And guess what, Mike actually likes them too, wow?

Old 01-04-2007, 02:06 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

You guys kill me! Atleast you seem to have me figured out, unlike half the rest of teh seriouzzz business internets that think I'm a complete *****

No, I really like the mirrors, they look cool as hell and flushing them into the doors should look PERFECT. But keep the arms to them black, otherwise you'll pull focus to the arm/away from the a pillar/door line and the carbon mirror. So dont get them painted blue/orange. (Unless you do the whole mirror, but I dont suggest it). I could make negative comments about the door poppers, but at this point, why bother?

Quick Reply: Official Gulf Porsche 944 GTR Turbo Project Thread **Pics Updated Today Jan 5**