Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Looking for Motons-JRZ-Penske

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 01:13 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

What's the difference between the Moton Club Sport (silver) and the Triple Adjustable (orange) ?
Old 12-29-2006, 02:20 PM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's the single adjustment of the club sport vs the triple adjustable
Old 12-29-2006, 03:46 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Internally they are close to the same. The Clubs are double adjustable. They have a steel body rather than aluminum and the have fewer adjustment positions.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Wormhole
Three Wheelin'

I'm going with Moton Club Sport myself. Anyone do a price check to see who has the lowest cost? From what I've seen http://www.fast44.com/suspension.html has them for the lowest price.
I've also heard Moton dropped the price on them considerably, but I haven’t seen it reflected yet.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM
hot-J
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you guys think of these setups for the street?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wormhole
I'm going with Moton Club Sport myself. Anyone do a price check to see who has the lowest cost? From what I've seen http://www.fast44.com/suspension.html has them for the lowest price.
I've also heard Moton dropped the price on them considerably, but I haven’t seen it reflected yet.
Thats the lowest advertised price I've seen. I'm wating to talk to Becky at Fast 44 to see if the prices have dropped as I too heard that it did.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daigo - let me know if Becky quotes you a lower price than what is on their website. BTW, they sell a ton more than what is on their website. Since they are local, I use them for almost all my standard parts and have found them to be equal or less than Paragon. Plus Becky is very easy to deal with - I email her what I need, she emails me a quote, and I email her the OK - very simple.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Skip Wolfe
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hot-J
The Motons are way overkill on the street. Anything over a single adjustable shock is a waste of money for the street use and remote reservoir setup are unnecessary for street use as well.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:07 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

BTW, this monster lapped the Nurburgring's Nordschleife in 7m15s (!) on a custom 2-way KW setup:

See http://www.edo-competition.de/ for more info.

Karl.

Last edited by wjk_glynn; 12-30-2006 at 02:55 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:44 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I think you're fighting a losing battle here Karl. It just takes a while for something new to gain acceptance. Human Nature. If one of the 'Big Boys' on the 'List were to suddenly endorse them, then watch the stampede! Maybe if you get them it will raise a few eyebrows ? 7min 15 sec's is stupidly fast around there!
Old 12-30-2006, 04:26 AM
daigo
Burning Brakes

I have heard KW is a great product from many of my european friends who race over there. Here in North America in the larger series which are ALMS, Speed WC and Grand Am, the GT cars mostly run Motons with the Penskes on the rest. These are teams that don't spare on costs when it comes to suspensions, so I'm sure these products are near the top of their class when it comes to dampers. But I'll bet it's also because of the support they recieve from these two companies. On our last race car (non Porsche) we tried hard to get information on the KW and setup for our particular vehicle with no success. Lots of promises of "looking into it" and "we'll check with our engineers in europe", but never any answers. This is not the support required if you're going racing. Maybe Ok for street or track day cars, but not if you're serious. I'd bet dimes to dollars thats why there aren't any race teams here running them.
Old 12-30-2006, 04:38 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 493 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by daigo
...On our last race car (non Porsche) we tried hard to get information on the KW and setup for our particular vehicle with no success. Lots of promises of "looking into it" and "we'll check with our engineers in europe", but never any answers...
Just out of curiosity, were you dealing with KW North America or one of their dealers?

Karl.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Mark and daigo - thanks. I used to think the CS were also triple adjustable.

Originally Posted by hot-J
I've got Moton Triple Adjustable on my turbo and so far they have proved compromised enough for street use if set on "soft" settings.

From what I've read so far KW V3 seem to offer similar performance for much less money.

Last edited by Thom; 12-30-2006 at 06:09 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 07:37 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by daigo
I have heard KW is a great product from many of my european friends who race over there. Here in North America in the larger series which are ALMS, Speed WC and Grand Am, the GT cars mostly run Motons with the Penskes on the rest. These are teams that don't spare on costs when it comes to suspensions, so I'm sure these products are near the top of their class when it comes to dampers. But I'll bet it's also because of the support they receive from these two companies. On our last race car (non Porsche) we tried hard to get information on the KW and setup for our particular vehicle with no success. Lots of promises of "looking into it" and "we'll check with our engineers in Europe", but never any answers. This is not the support required if you're going racing. Maybe Ok for street or track day cars, but not if you're serious. I'd bet dimes to dollars that's why there aren't any race teams here running them.
Very fair comment and I didn't mean to offend or compare them in a professional sense when dealing with the initial post. I'm sure that what you say is true about the lack of race teams in the USA being proportional to the lack of support or organisation. Pity...
When I bought mine I dealt with our local agent in Sydney and then directly with one of their tech guys in Germany. I think for anything short of all out racing they would still be worth it in regards to their quality, capability, and price.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:04 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Karl Glynn
Just out of curiosity, were you dealing with KW North America or one of their dealers?

Karl.
Hi Karl,
Yes it was KW North America. First it was the previous rep here in Canada, then the new one in the US when they took it over. So I did give it a fair try.

Quick Reply: Looking for Motons-JRZ-Penske