Notices

Garrett Gt35r Install

 
Old 12-06-2006, 04:36 PM
  #31  
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member
 
toddk911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NAS PAX River, by way of Orlando
Posts: 10,439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

"I am beginning this setup on a 100% stock 951 2.5l motor as a placeholder while I build another motor. It will be a significant amount of time until I have the second motor built. though I do still plan on trying some things out with my stock motor. I plan on dyno testing quite a few components with the stock motor such as the effects of a high flow catalytic converter as well as a cat-bypass, stock intake manifold vs. a modded stock intake (larger throttle body, possible internal work, etc), improvements over a stock intercooler & stock IC pipes vs. larger units, etc. "

Vendors should have been doing this from the start. WITH dyno sheets/track times to prove the gains.

Way to go buddy!! Keep us informed.
toddk911 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
  #32  
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
RolexNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by toddk911
Vendors should have been doing this from the start. WITH dyno sheets/track times to prove the gains.
Just like Super Rennlist Posters should have joined a long time ago as a paying-member too , right?

RolexNJ is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:47 PM
  #33  
pk951
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: ottawa
Posts: 1,086
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Just like Super Rennlist Posters should have joined a long time ago as a paying-member too , right?

Toddk911 you mean to say 5000 posts and your not a member what the hell is going here enough of the free ride.
pk951 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 04:50 PM
  #34  
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
RolexNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pk951
Toddk911 you mean to say 5000 posts and your not a member what the hell is going here enough of the free ride.
Todd will still be here in 2010, with over 20,000 posts. And guess what? Will still not be a paying member, will still be posting kill videos, and still wont ever change that avatar that he's had since day #1.

RolexNJ is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
  #35  
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member
 
toddk911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NAS PAX River, by way of Orlando
Posts: 10,439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

There is some videos of a 951 with GT30 or 35 on youtube/streetfire
toddk911 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
  #36  
special tool
Banned
 
special tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: limbo....
Posts: 8,599
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by toddk911
There is some videos of a 951 with GT30 or 35 on youtube/streetfire

that's Edman951.........he thinks he can whoop me.
special tool is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
  #37  
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
RolexNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by special tool
that's Edman951.........he thinks he can whoop me.
He has alot of them posted too. Here is one for you ST, Mr. "Unlimited 951 in 2007". I think you're toast ST!

Say bye-bye ST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJx3lC68ghA
RolexNJ is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 06:15 PM
  #38  
Duke
Super User
 
Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 5,528
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Edman runs a GT30R with "small" turbine 0,63.
Still pretty impressive for just a turbo change and MAP-kit!
Duke is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 06:44 PM
  #39  
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

 
Chris White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Marietta, NY
Posts: 7,396
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Porschefile
I'd like to flow both heads, however that's quite a few thousand $$ for just a couple heads and just to flowbench.
If you promise to be nice I will let you know the answer in a bit. I am waiting for the Titanium retainers to be fabricated and then I will test out the S2 and 968 heads I have here. If time permits I will do a before and after with the new ‘fancy’ valves.

R&D at work!!!
Chris White is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:11 PM
  #40  
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
RolexNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris White
If you promise to be nice I will let you know the answer in a bit. I am waiting for the Titanium retainers to be fabricated and then I will test out the S2 and 968 heads I have here. If time permits I will do a before and after with the new ‘fancy’ valves.

R&D at work!!!
We are all nice here! Please give us empirical and quantifiable data if you can? I know you're busy with all of your projects too, but some numbers would be appreciated. And is this R&D free too?

RolexNJ is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:38 PM
  #41  
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member
 
toddk911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NAS PAX River, by way of Orlando
Posts: 10,439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

NO!!!!!

I am a member now and even my my member card, but it still shows as user. When I click on memeber it is showing as "temp unavailable"

But, I know....in my heart...I am a member...regardless of what my title says.... LOL

Now Rolex, is all about titles. He has had 13 title changes in his career but still has the same job

Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Lead Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Supervising Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Managing Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Director of Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Executive VP of Dirty book store viewing room cleaner

LOL!!!!

I don't care who you are that's funny right there...
toddk911 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:40 PM
  #42  
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
RolexNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by toddk911
Now Rolex, is all about titles. He has had 13 title changes in his career but still has the same job

Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Lead Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Supervising Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Managing Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Director of Dirty book store viewing room cleaner
Executive VP of Dirty book store viewing room cleaner

LOL!!!!

I don't care who you are that's funny right there...
My pal Todd --->
RolexNJ is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:42 PM
  #43  
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member
 
toddk911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NAS PAX River, by way of Orlando
Posts: 10,439
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Todd will still be here in 2010, with over 20,000 posts. And guess what? Will still not be a paying member, will still be posting kill videos, and still wont ever change that avatar that he's had since day #1.

LOL. That's true that is the same avitar.

Unlike Rolex that changes his every 37 minutes.
toddk911 is offline  
Old 12-06-2006, 07:43 PM
  #44  
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
RolexNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,321
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by toddk911
LOL. That's true that is the same avitar. Unlike Rolex that changes his every 37 minutes.
I am busted and I agree 100% pal, totally --->
RolexNJ is offline  
Old 12-07-2006, 12:46 AM
  #45  
evil 944t
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evil 944t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,526
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chris White
If you promise to be nice I will let you know the answer in a bit. I am waiting for the Titanium retainers to be fabricated and then I will test out the S2 and 968 heads I have here. If time permits I will do a before and after with the new ‘fancy’ valves.

R&D at work!!!
I flowed them both in stock form, expect major cfm over an 8v head and minor between the two 16v heads.

You can not begin to believe what a ported head can flow. Its not even believable.

Good luck Travis, you have a great write up here.
evil 944t is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Garrett Gt35r Install


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: