Old 12-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastRedSC
I'll take you up on that offer to order up some JE's. For the second opinion, i doubt you want to drive from santa fe to here during your holidays. 3 and a half hours one way.
I must be thinking of a similar name that was about 1/2 an hour from Santa Fe...yeah, I don't think the wife would be too happy about that long a detour!

Let me know what you need for diameter and the compression ratio you want and I can spec something out for you. Also – any preference for rings?

An important thing – never bore the block before you have the pistons – its important to match the block boring to the actual piston – variations in manufacturing and measurements make a difference.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Oh and how much is the skirt coating from swain tech?
I use Calico and they are about $30 a piston
Old 12-16-2006, 03:56 PM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
I must be thinking of a similar name that was about 1/2 an hour from Santa Fe...yeah, I don't think the wife would be too happy about that long a detour!

Let me know what you need for diameter and the compression ratio you want and I can spec something out for you. Also – any preference for rings?

An important thing – never bore the block before you have the pistons – its important to match the block boring to the actual piston – variations in manufacturing and measurements make a difference.
No, las cruces is near the southern border with texas, about an hour outside of el paso. Your probably thinking of las vegas, NM which is right near that area.
Machinist wants 4.110" for diameter, compression i'm thinking 8:1 since this is a street car drinking pump fuel, and rings i'd like something with a emphasis on longevity instead of peak seal.
Yeah i know about not boring until after i get the pistons, which is why this is the first step in the process. I figure while i wait for the pistons, i'm going to clean up the block, take out the head studs, torque the girdle back on to prepare it for the honing, and probably clean the other parts too..

I use Calico and they are about $30 a piston
I assume that means if you order the pistons you can have the skirts coated for me?
Old 12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pk951
Soloracer

Thats quite the fleet of cars and bikes you have I like the kelly moss one the best. Lets see more pictures of that car come summer time.

Thanks. I'll do one better than that. If I get entered in the Great American Challenge (Cannonball) I'll take video and post it for all to see.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:31 AM
1FastRedSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are those pics i promised. This piston, #3, was the worst, now i have an expesive paper weight.
Attached Images   
Old 12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Here are those pics i promised. This piston, #3, was the worst, now i have an expesive paper weight.

Thats scary. What happened?

Quick Reply: Need some "big bore" advice