Pressure washed engine - Now car sputtering and not boosting right? - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > 924/944/951/968 Model Specific Technical Forums > 944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum
Reload this Page >

Pressure washed engine - Now car sputtering and not boosting right?

Notices

Pressure washed engine - Now car sputtering and not boosting right?

Old 11-27-2006, 10:21 PM
smac951
Addict
Rennlist Member

When I pressure wash, I use the distilled low pressure option. never had a problem.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

I power wash my engine almost once a month when it is driven. This stumbling occurs every time after the power wash. I found what happens is water gets into the connections at the fuel injectors which causes the injectors to miss fire. To cure this, I keep a small can of WD-40 in my glove box. After a power wash, I pull each injector connection and spray the WD-40 liberally into the connector and injector. The oil removes the water thus preventing the miss fire. Plug the injector loom back in and the car will start and run with no problems. Guaranteed.

If water gets into the distributor cap, you will get a similar stumble. The WD-40, like above, can be sprayed into the cap to solve this problem. But the 944 distributor cap is sealed pretty well, so I have never had to spray WD-40 into it after a power wash.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Keithr726
Super User

Originally Posted by Bill
I power wash my engine almost once a month when it is driven. This stumbling occurs every time after the power wash. I found what happens is water gets into the connections at the fuel injectors which causes the injectors to miss fire. To cure this, I keep a small can of WD-40 in my glove box. After a power wash, I pull each injector connection and spray the WD-40 liberally into the connector and injector. The oil removes the water thus preventing the miss fire. Plug the injector loom back in and the car will start and run with no problems. Guaranteed.

If water gets into the distributor cap, you will get a similar stumble. The WD-40, like above, can be sprayed into the cap to solve this problem. But the 944 distributor cap is sealed pretty well, so I have never had to spray WD-40 into it after a power wash.

Cool, thanks for the tip!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pressure washed engine - Now car sputtering and not boosting right?

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: