Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 3
Thanks for the update.
Your time and persistance are appreciated.

Originally Posted by billthe3
Yes, thanks for the update and trying to figure out what happened for us.
Hey Guys
Thanks for the kind words
Ed

Originally Posted by Josh B
Hey Ed,
Did Scott get back with you later on with more info on when these will ship out? Is he back overseas this week?
Ahhh..... that would be a no and a, no( thank GOD )
Regards
Ed
Old 11-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evil 944t
I got a tracking message from Dynatech this morning, should be here on thursday!
Now there is a lucky bastard
Regards
Ed

Last edited by Crazy Eddie; 11-14-2006 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:09 PM
dlgranison
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My order should be here Thursday too
Old 11-14-2006, 03:00 AM
georgeleroy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Received the UPS tracking notification today, one tower brace in transit.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Boy
What am I, wood !!!
And I bought both ....
Old 11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
dynatech
Instructor

Hi guys,

Scott wanted me to post a message up about the group buy. We finally got our act together, got sufficient inventory on hand, and started shipping this week. Five orders went out yesterday, and you will have received delivery notices via e-mail. We are using the new feature to ship via UPS from within Paypal, which apparently sends an e-mail to the recipient automatically. You will also receive an e-mail that I forwarded with the tracking numbers, as I was unaware of the automatic notice.

We will have another batch of orders that will go out on Wednesday, and we should be able to get the last batch out by Friday.

I do want to apologize to all of you for the delays in getting these orders prepped. Scott normally handles our sales, and I handle engineering and most of the inventory. As I'm sure Scott has noted, we are trying to clear out our current inventory of products, so we've been dealing with shortages on various parts, often unexpectedly. A lot of this has been my fault for not being sufficently organized. Another major issue is that I have a new job that requires long hours which hasn't left a lot of time or attention for other matters.

However, once you receive your orders, I'm sure that you will see that it's been worth the wait. Scott and I are extremely meticulous about the quality of our products. The prices might seem a little high, because our production costs are high for low volume production, but when you see the show-quality appearance of our products, we are sure that you will all be pleased.

Eddie, I don't have a note here on what springs you are running. Please send us this info so we can select the correct upper spring perch.

We have paid commitments for all of the 944 strut braces in stock right now, but we do have one more set of camberplates in stock now if anyone's interested.

Lastly, in our last batch of anodizing we had one pair of strut brace brackets color anodized red. For anyone who's looking for something a little different, here's a chance to have a one-of-a-kind. We will post a pic tonight if no one grabs them first.

Sean
Dynatech Motorsports
'04 Cayenne S
'74 914 V8 (garage occupant)
Old 11-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Hi Sean
I had put that info on the Spreadsheet and had emaled to Scott, but here it is again.
I have a stock 88 turbo S with the stock Koni M030 set up, w/ conical springs and adj spring perch...
If that isnt sufficent info please let me know.
Kind regards
Ed
Old 11-14-2006, 05:49 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Angry

Well, I got the brace today, and was going to install it and be the first to post pictures... BUT... after getting the passenger-side tower bracket installed I discovered that the second bracket was also a passenger-side bracket.

I've emailed Scott to let him know. If they had just enough parts to fill our orders, I suspect someone is going to receive two driver-side brackets.

I will say this... the bar and the brackets look awesome. But after waiting this long, and after being thrilled with it actually arriving today, it's damn frustrating to have this shipping error keeping me from finally getting the bar on the car.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Hey Kevin
I feel your pain but I guess its all relative ...
I busted my a$$ putting this GB and I have ...nada
In truth, my car is a billion pieces, but this could provide just the incentive for to finish this fiasco That and maybe a good kick in the a$$
Good luck
Ed
ps my guess is they have a few extra parts so I wouldn't worry to much
Old 11-14-2006, 07:30 PM
paralleltangent
Instructor

Yeah, I'm hoping they do have some extras, to make rectifying this a bit simpler and also in the hope that nobody else has a similar issue. I'm not worried as I know this will be made right... it's just another delay.

Ed, your a$$-busting has not gone unappreciated.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:17 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Well if my bar comes with two drivers side brackets I know who to call first.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:36 AM
dynatech
Instructor

Default Dynatech group buy update

Hey Guys,

Here's the status for everyone's shipments for the group buy:

parallel tangent: shipped and received with error. Driver bracket goes out later today.

thingo: waiting for M030 spring perch stamping operation, bar bending and bracket polishing. Will ship in 4-5 days

Josh B: both strut braces go out later today. By default, since you ordered 2, you've been selected to get the bar with the special red brackets. Personally, I think they are pretty sweet. I will post a pic when I get a chance. If you don't like them, you can send them back & we will get the anodizing removed & re-polish them.

dlgranison: shipped

boerge: Need to bend and re-polish bar. Need to polish brackets. Will ship in 4-5 days.

soloracer: will ship later today. Very nice bar.

georgeleroy: shipped

aribop: need to bend and re-polish bar. Will ship in 3-4 days.

Rob 3: shipped

evil 944: shipped

Crazy eddie: will ship later today. the strut brace & camberplates are complete but we haven't had a chance to re-stamp the M030 spring perches yet. Since you are eager to get your order, even with your car in pieces, we will ship the main order today. The M030 perches to ship in 3-5 days.

billthe3: Bill, you were a substitute for a substitute, so unfortunately you will have to wait for the last 944 STB from this production run. I know you paid early & you've been waiting a long time, but you will have to be patient for another week or so.

Beyond that, as paralleltangent has noted, we had a shipping error and someone else will be receiving an order with 2 STB driver's side brackets. I have a passenger side bracket sitting here ready to ship as soon as we figure out which order that was. Obviously, we will need you to send us back the extra drivers side bracket, and we will pay the shipping cost.

That is the last of the 944 brackets for now. We still have a few 968 STB's (soloracer please note) in stock and a couple of sets of camberplates in stock.

Ed, thanks for organizing the group buy.

Thanks,
Sean
Dynatech Motorsports
Old 11-15-2006, 06:10 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dynatech
billthe3: Bill, you were a substitute for a substitute, so unfortunately you will have to wait for the last 944 STB from this production run. I know you paid early & you've been waiting a long time, but you will have to be patient for another week or so.
Woohoo, I get the bring up the rear!

No worries about having to wait another week - don't mind waiting for quality.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:14 AM
facboy
Burning Brakes

i'm interested in the camberplates...i've tried emailing/pming, is that th best way to get in touch? bit impatient .
Old 11-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet - can't wait

Quick Reply: Group Buy 4 Dynatech-Strut Bars & Camber Plates-Get 'em while you can