Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Car won't start - still

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, only being able to work on the car on weekends when the weather is good drags things out. I had looked at the contacts awhile back. I can see all of them from the top of the panel and I tried checking from the bottom then, nothing seemed out of place but I can try pulling the panel up again.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you mentioned jumping the DME and getting fuel pressure, then installing a new DME relay and pressure dropping back off. I think it is unlikely the new DME relay is bad, though possible. But it seems more likely to me it just isn't making good contact. I sure hope you get this going soon.

Regards,
Russell
Old 04-15-2007, 11:58 PM
AlexE
Pro

Originally Posted by Mark-87-951
.........Got a fuel pressure gauge on the rail. Cranked and got no pressure. I bypassed the new DME relay and got 2.62 bar which was maintained while I cranked. I plugged the DME relay back in, cranked and pressure just continued to drop.
And why did you not investigate this??????????

He thought maybe the engine wasn't getting air. I disconnected the intercooler pipe to TB and no change at all.
WHAT?

I'm not sure what to conclude from the fuel pressure issues. I know the injectors fire with the new DME relay plugged in. I didnt check to see if they did when it was bypassed. Is it possible I somehow got a new DME relay that's bad?

I'll call him this week and check to see if the injectors fire with the DME relay bypassed this weekend.
If you bypass the dme relay and the car turns over they will fire...... but I thought you tested the injectors firing a few posts back as well????.......

Also a few posts back you mention that you tested numerous times that you are getting fuel?

There is a systematic way to test things. I layed out a 10,000 foot view a few posts back but somehow we are randomly testing different things again.

I wanted you to follow the list I gave you. The list would be complete in an hour easily............

The best advice ANYONE can give you at this point is to tow that vehicle in. Only a friend would be so blunt so please don't read into the tone of my post.....

Time is money....and at a couple hours working on this car every weekend for the last 6 months.

There are times we must admit defeat.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

I'm just speculating that they didn't fire because fuel pressure remained constant while cranking with the dme bypassed because i know from previous testing that the injectors fire when the new dme relay is in place. I did the bypass because with the relay in place I did not build pressure at all while cranking and I wanted to see if that changed anything as when I bypassed previously, on several occasions, I could hear fuel filling the rail.

Quick Reply: Car won't start - still