Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Exhaust too big?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:52 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Under load it sounds even better. Can't be too loud as I haven't been chased down and pulled over with the MagnaFlow. Only took a week with the Flowmaster to get enough attention to get ticketed. The officer said he heard me from 3 blocks away, chased me down, and then gave me a ticket for 5 over the speed limit.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:00 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Cup exhaust was actually 2.5" straight into 4" at the firewall.
Nice!

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Big J, I can. I have the Excellence issue at home that talks about one. It is a fact that ran a graduated 4 inch, period. Not speculation. If NZ was here, he would only believe me if I scanned the magazine for everyone!

And NZ is gone? My pal? Damn!

Dude, what's up? Ferrariland isn't good enough for you? now you're being a post hoe here? kidding!

Yeah, he's out of the Porsche world, for now.

Will be dropping you an email shortly, it's past 03:00 here, got to sleep!!

Originally Posted by special tool
He's here - watching.

His e-mails to me now merely contain only MODERATELY homosexual material.........

Just kidding NZ..................you homo.

Seriouisly -he is a very smart dude - just a hothead.
You'r a family man right??????????
Old 09-08-2006, 09:49 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RKD in OKC
Under load it sounds even better. Can't be too loud as I haven't been chased down and pulled over with the MagnaFlow. Only took a week with the Flowmaster to get enough attention to get ticketed. The officer said he heard me from 3 blocks away, chased me down, and then gave me a ticket for 5 over the speed limit.
I would have to agree. The magnaflow just sounds better and is more quiet. I used to have people tell me they could hear from coming from far away even if I wasn't driving hard.

Now at low rpm's it almost sounds like a refined stock exhaust with a slightly more aggresive and sexy note. I have to say I love the way it sounds and will always run the magnaflow mufflers from now on.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:19 PM
RennenFlamme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
I would have to agree. The magnaflow just sounds better and is more quiet. I used to have people tell me they could hear from coming from far away even if I wasn't driving hard.

Now at low rpm's it almost sounds like a refined stock exhaust with a slightly more aggresive and sexy note. I have to say I love the way it sounds and will always run the magnaflow mufflers from now on.
sounds like what i want...

i worry about getting a 4" because i wont have a new turbo for about a year after my exhaust...

on my wrx i wired an electronic cutout, the end result being a catless system that exits the side of the car after a 3" downpipe, right around underneath my butt. its VERY loud and people can hear me coming a mile away. unless i toggle a switch.... gasses exit straight throught the stock muffler.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:05 PM
gstreev
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A good 3" should be workfine for you, skip the 4".

Quick Reply: Exhaust too big?