Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Your most recent update on Turby activity. Buyer Beware. (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/291893-your-most-recent-update-on-turby-activity-buyer-beware.html)

streckfu's 08-11-2006 10:30 AM

Your most recent update on Turby activity. Buyer Beware.

--->LINKY<---

:soapbox:

Red1 08-11-2006 10:43 AM

Note the date/time stamp on the photo is three years old.

He either is bogus listing parts he doesn't have in order to scam some money - after all he only has a "4" rating on this ebay name - there's nothing to lose. Or he had some parts at a buddy's house that the cops didn't find.

He got busted with a garage full of stolen WRX parts, a stolen 951 cut into pieces, and a stolen 355 challenge car. He's back to selling WRX and 951 parts. Hmmm.

smac951 08-11-2006 10:55 AM

Because in case some other Rennlist Member might want to purchase from this criminal at least they now know not to, that's why! Thanks for the heads up.

streckfu's 08-11-2006 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by dd44
Why get mad at him for selling things like many of you do everyday? I read up alittle on this, and they took everything that they thought was stolen, see the news report. Don't you think the Police know about his auctions, I assume they are keeping an eye on him. If the stuff was hot, he'd be back in jail.

Go ahead and buy them then, if you are comfortable with that. But then, how many members of this community would willingly support him after used this forum (and others) to enable his repeated theft.

potent951turbo 08-11-2006 11:03 AM

I wonder what he used that plasma cutter for he has listed :rolleyes: .

sweanders 08-11-2006 11:05 AM

There was a scammer spotted in the 928-forums a while back selling stuff that didn't exist. What the 928-crowd did was to put false bids on the items in the millions of dollars.. Maybe that would be a thing to do?

I don't have an e-bay account otherwise I'd go crazy bidding on these things..

potent951turbo 08-11-2006 11:11 AM

Plasma cutters arent good for anything but sheet metal. (fenders n-crap)

I was joking, and I just posted it since the the cross piece above the radiator on Rolex's car has been cut out which is thin sheet metal ;) .

smac951 08-11-2006 11:14 AM

I think dd44 is Turby!!!

lart951 08-11-2006 11:14 AM

Why get mad at him for selling things like many of you do everyday? I read up alittle on this, and they took everything that they thought was stolen, see the news report. Don't you think the Police know about his auctions, I assume they are keeping an eye on him. If the stuff was hot, he'd be back in jail.

Hi Turby, I can see you managed to join the forum under another name.

Rogue_Ant 08-11-2006 11:20 AM

Plasma cutters arent good for anything but sheet metal. (fenders n-crap)

Wrong. It all depends on the amperage of the Plasma. I've seen a plasma cut through 1/2" stock with ease. I wouldn't call that sheet metal.

Rogue

f1rocks 08-11-2006 11:20 AM

Ha funny guys.....

So how was the big house anyway?