Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

evo 9 v 951?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:01 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally at this moment in time id take the 951 without a second thought. I like it WAY more, I do my own work anyway, and I dont want a daily driver car no matter what it is. No way in hell im paying $200 a month to park downtown, and sitting in the same traffic clusterpuck twice a day.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:09 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theedge
Personally at this moment in time id take the 951 without a second thought. I like it WAY more, I do my own work anyway, and I dont want a daily driver car no matter what it is. No way in hell im paying $200 a month to park downtown, and sitting in the same traffic clusterpuck twice a day.
Said like a true 951 lover...
Old 07-29-2006, 09:51 PM
ninefiveone
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LFA951
Look Danielson, what other car in 1986 could produce 217 hp from a 2.5?? were you even born then? From this last quote I can see that you clearly don't know SH!@#$% about Porsche or their history. The only reason why they phased out the 944 series is that it outpreformed their more expensive cars bot hin handling and in acceleration. Tehy would have lost money if they sold more 944's than 911's or 928's for that matter. That is why they got rid of their bottom end line and that is why they no longer make 4 cylinder engines, so go read about Porsche some more, every true enthusiast here knows that
Ok. I'll play along. Tell me how they would lose money if they sold more 944's than 911's or 928's. I'm a management consultant in business so I'm very well versed in business cases, pricing models, and marketing strategy. I'd be happy to hear what you know about this. I also know Porsche's history very well. Which would also be how I know you're wrong. It's a well documented fact that 944's sales were falling rapidly in the face of cheaper competition that delivered equal performance numbers for far less money. The 944 series simply wasn't profitable in the last years of production and didn't care nearly enough margin to warrant low sales numbers. But if you can provide some proof of your position, please share.

I'm in my mid-30's, btw, so thanks for making me feel young again. How old are you, btw?

The curb weight of the '86 951 was 2899, and of the '89 was 2998, so once again you are off, and even if it was say 3,085 lbs, it's still 200 lbs. lighter and that makes a Big difference!!
Again, you're being fooled by paper numbers. I've had both cars up on the corner balancing scales. My 1986 weighs 3000lbs with a half tank, no spare/tools but otherwise full street trim. The 1989 Turbo I weighed was 3150 with a half tank, no spare/tools, full street trim. The EVO I weighed came in under 3200lbs but we can call it a fair 200lb difference to help your argument out.

You still haven't answered why the EVO is worse off when there are performance cars that do weigh more than it. My point is that it's in the middle of the range. Your argument is that it's too heavy. How is it too heavy when a brand new M3, which is a great performance car, is even heavier? No one here would argue that 200lbs is a lot of weight but it's well within reason for a full street 4 door sedan.

So far, I haven't seen any facts that help your arguments out but I'm happy to hear more.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:17 PM
facboy
Burning Brakes

well i test-drove one ytd, and i have to say i was disappointed with the power. it only had 200kms on it though so it was veeeeeeeeeery tight still - i'll have to go hunting for one with higher mileage.

the turn-in seems a lot better than on my 951 - prolly due to the ultra-quick rack (it's a little over 2 turns lock-to-lock). i've not heard any complaints about the drivetrain down here (i'm in aust). there's quite a few guys running with 220-230kw atw with no problems - i wouldn't plan on going past that in any case.

in any case, there's a 10-year/160000km warranty on the engine/drivetrain (!) - which would be voided if i modded it too much though. the aust cars are not as powerful as the US cars, we only get 206kw, though ralliart can bump that up to 223 while retaining the warranty.

in terms of interior quality etc, the 951 leaves it for dead. but that isn't going to surprise anyone.

i'm still in two minds...i'll have to see how much it will cost, try and find a looser demo model, etc.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:00 AM
LFA951
Drifting

""You still haven't answered why the EVO is worse off when there are performance cars that do weigh more than it. My point is that it's in the middle of the range. Your argument is that it's too heavy. How is it too heavy when a brand new M3, which is a great performance car, is even heavier? No one here would argue that 200lbs is a lot of weight but it's well within reason for a full street 4 door sedan.""

The 951 has a lower center of gravity than the Evo cause it's built for asphalt, not dirt. That's why it balances out better tand does need that super stiff suspension the Evo does. An M3 is a 4 door sedan and the 951 is a coupe, it's like comparing apples and oranges, plus the M3 is a 24 valve V6, a lot of torque to move it, and 333 horses helps too, M3 is a luxury sports sedan, Evo is not, you are comparing different categories here all together. If you want to race and be a bad ***, get an Evo. If you want a nice weekend car like I have, then get a 951 which is much more fun to drive around than en Evo, anyone object to that??
Old 07-30-2006, 01:11 AM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by Eyal 951
Lart, LFA's comments here were innacurate, but in NO WAY does he dethrone JY! You know that!
Hey Smart-***, Bring all your CIVIC RICE and half tuned 951 to the East Coast - so I can Bee-yatch slap your silly a$$ one final time!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 AM
BigNNasty
Racer

[QUOTE=LFA951]
Originally Posted by ninefiveone
"My unique car also makes me look unique... you are what you drive..."

Ok Dr. Phil, reality check here, just like the way you dress makes a statement about you, the same goes for what you drive, if you see someone driving a POS that tells you a lot of that person and how they feel about themselves and their image. In this country everything is all about image and looks so don't try to deny the obvious. I don't know what neck of the woods you live in or even if it's near civilization, but here in sunny south Florida, home of Miami Vice, there are a lot of Evo's AND Sti's around, mostly driven by youngsters, I have yet to see someone over 30 driving one...
Ok, ****ing idiot ON Dr. Phil!

The way you dress is not 100% statement and what you are. Just because someone wears walmart clothes, does that mean they're poor? Your being very stereotypical here, and I doubt anyone will like this. Some people might wear walmart clothes, because their jeans for 19.99 are just as good as abercrombies pants that already HAVE holes and rips in them from the store, and cost 5 times as much. People that wear cheaper clothes in turn save money, too buy other things. There is a guy in my town, millionaire, but you could NEVER guess him out of a line up. He doesn't spend any of his money, looks as if he hasn't showered in weeks, and drives a piece of ****. He HAS money though, more then you could feast on. Image DOES NOT describe what you are, or your ways. Just because your little gay Florida town is that way, doesn't mean everywhere is.

I don't judge any person by what they; wear, drive, own, do, collect, where they work, or anything for the matter. Thats being stereotypical, and it's not the way I'm living or going to live my life. You on the other hand, you can do this because people obviously already don't like you. If you would just shut up and listen for a second, YOU might learn some things. Just because the guy at the dealership let you drive the Evo (I feel like chopping a finger or two of his off so he can never hand you keys again!), doesn't mean you know the ins and outs. Period...

Just please shut up, get your facts straight, and take a lesson from some more wise people, then yourself!!!

(sorry for O.T., but this guy needs set straight.)
Old 07-30-2006, 02:21 AM
BigNNasty
Racer

...An M3 is a 4 door sedan and the 951 is a coupe, it's like comparing apples and oranges, plus the M3 is a 24 valve V6, a lot of torque to move it, and 333 horses helps too, M3 is a luxury sports sedan...
You have JUSSSST shown how dumb you really are.

I do believe the M3s are available in a 2dr coupe???

Also, coupe compared to a coupe, is not apples to oranges. Also, have you realized that, thats a 6 cylinder making that power.

Lets do some math...

M3 with 4 cyl.- 222hp
M3 with 6 cyl.- 333hp
944T with 4 cyl.- 217hp
944T with 6 cyl.- 326hp

O my!!! Look at how close the numbers are, within 7hp of each. Pound for pound, the motors from the two cars essentially match up. Please stop your idiotic posts...

I think I'm going retarded just reading your ****!
Old 07-30-2006, 02:31 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by jy951
Hey Smart-***, Bring all your CIVIC RICE and half tuned 951 to the East Coast - so I can Bee-yatch slap your silly a$$ one final time!!!

Dude, wth? eyal was doing you a favor, he didn't want you loose your 1st place. But it seems that the way LFA951 is going, it will only be a matter of time before he takes over your title

JY951 rules
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2006, 02:57 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=LFA951]
Originally Posted by ninefiveone
"My unique car also makes me look unique... you are what you drive..."

Your car might reflect who you are but if you need a car to make you unique, do you really think that's a great idea? Anyone can buy a 951. The only thing unique about you is you. Your car will never make you any better than anyone else. If you need your car to bolster your self image, there are issues. I'm the same man with or without my cars, or any of my material goods. They reflect my tastes and that is all. Can you say the same?

Ok Dr. Phil, reality check here, just like the way you dress makes a statement about you, the same goes for what you drive, if you see someone driving a POS that tells you a lot of that person and how they feel about themselves and their image. In this country everything is all about image and looks so don't try to deny the obvious. I don't know what neck of the woods you live in or even if it's near civilization, but here in sunny south Florida, home of Miami Vice, there are a lot of Evo's AND Sti's around, mostly driven by youngsters, I have yet to see someone over 30 driving one...
Warren Buffet drives a 5 year old buick. What does that say about him? Does it say he's the second wealthiest man on the planet? He is BTW and couldn't begin to give a **** less about what you, I or anyone thinks about his car. You are the second dumbest assclown on this board, behind your girlfriend jy951. Sell your car. You being a moron makes the rest of us look bad for tolerating you. lol
Old 07-30-2006, 03:04 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah eyal, go over there. the bitch wants to slap you!
Old 07-30-2006, 03:07 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ehall
yeah eyal, go over there. the bitch wants to slap you!
in case you don't know what he looks like, here's his pic that he pm'ed me, of himself, while threatening me as well.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:15 AM
jy951
Instructor

Default You are the second dumbest assclown on this board, behind your girlfriend jy951.

YOU AINT EVEN WORTH BEE-YATCH SLAPPING - I MIGHT CATCH SOME COMMUNICABLE DISEASE !!!

YOU KNOW - THAT DISEASE CALLED - DUMB-A$$!!!!

Old 07-30-2006, 03:15 AM
Guns951
Race Car

You guys are crazy!

You can't compare the two for this reason alone...the 951 wasn't built to be the highest horsepower car or the fastest in fact many advancements were not sought after due to the fact that it had to stay behind the 911.

Porsches are built to a standard...that said not everything is totally 100% super high class or quality...but is still much better than most currently produced cars. The attention is put to a high speed cruiser capable of aggressive handling at those speeds while maintaining a certain level of comfort.

To all who compare different marques look at their history and mission. Porsche is about quality, speed, performance and refinement. If you want 0-60 times go buy your Z28 and cease with senseless ramblings. It doesn't matter if we actually drive those speeds, but keep in mind this is what the 951 was designed for. What other production car can do 170 + off the showroom floor?

These "this new car is better than this old car" threads MUST STOP.

Guns951 OUT

**EDIT** JY951 its catch not can...learn how to spell
Old 07-30-2006, 03:47 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

YOU AINT EVEN WORTH BEE-YATCH SLAPPING - I MIGHT CATCH SOME COMMUNICABLE DISEASE !!!

YOU KNOW - THAT DISEASE CALLED - DUMB-A$$!!!!

well done! you've proven once again that you are still #1! Notice how I didn't need caps to be heard?

Quick Reply: evo 9 v 951?