Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

evo 9 v 951?

Old 07-28-2006, 04:36 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sweanders
I like the evo but having only a 45 (11 gallons?) liter fuel tank must suck.

bbbwwwwaaaaaaatfdtdfddtftfgfhtttttt?????
Really?????????????????
Old 07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
bbbwwwwaaaaaaatfdtdfddtftfgfhtttttt?????
Really?????????????????
That's what it is on the evo6, colleague of mine has one. They had to make room for the rwd somehow and decided to split the fuel tank into to smaller ones. Or should I say one small and one tiny. And of course the filler goes to the tiny one.

I find it a bit strange that people are comparing a new sedan to a 20 year old sports car btw.. Surely thay can be compared but it will only be good for seeing different qualities in the cars.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:03 PM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm with lart, go with the Japanese for daily driving, German on weekends!
Old 07-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

evo 8 and 9 come with a 14 gallon tank... thats nothing amazingly small or big..?
Old 07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboX
evo 8 and 9 come with a 14 gallon tank... thats nothing amazingly small or big..?
53 liters of volume for a 300 hp engine? To small for my liking. I wish I had bigger tanks in the BMW and 951 often and they are 80 liter..
Old 07-28-2006, 05:22 PM
jacklet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah forgot about the small gas tank approx 12 gal on an evo 8-you put gas in it a lot
Old 07-28-2006, 06:14 PM
LFA951
Drifting

Originally Posted by TurboX
evo9's factory are better than a 951 in almost all ways. Even tuned 951's can't stay with a tweaked evo. Evos can be driven in the snow, they go around corners the same if not better and face it... they won't break on you every couple months.
What are you talking about? How can you compare the finest German engineering with the cheap Japanese bottom feeding economy crapp? Evo's are heavy from the 4WD, have a high height of 57" (kills aerodynamics), are useless above 100 mph and carry 60% of the weight up front. Cosmetically they are better looking than the Subaru Sti, but still, after 50K miles the engines start to rattle and tweak, they are not strong engines after a while...
Old 07-28-2006, 06:21 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't much care for them but they are no joke here. They are fast. When I mean fast, they are taking camaros, vettes, etc. I haven't met one I can't take but some take a little work. I just watched one last weekend trailing a viper and he wasn't that far behind.

As far as reliability, I have no real issues with my car. Yeah, I know I spent a lot of money but for the rest of you guys, wouldn't it be cheaper to get a 5-7 thousand dollar loan, pick your upgrades and get a new motor? Then you're done with it.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LFA951
What are you talking about? How can you compare the finest German engineering with the cheap Japanese bottom feeding economy crapp? Evo's are heavy from the 4WD, have a high height of 57" (kills aerodynamics), are useless above 100 mph and carry 60% of the weight up front. Cosmetically they are better looking than the Subaru Sti, but still, after 50K miles the engines start to rattle and tweak, they are not strong engines after a while...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME... look up the 4g63 motor and tell me its not strong!!!! LEARN YOUR FACTS BRO. the 4g63 motor in talons can run 400 awd on pump gas as a DD.... not strong engines... HA just like the porsche 951 engine is reliable RIGHT?

Yeah they are front heavy and they have the suspension to make up for it. And yes they are taller, they are still a sedan for christ sake!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:11 PM
jacklet
Racer

it took a 3rd gen mits motor to get it right-they got the motor bugs worked out of it and they are quick when worked but they are in no way solid who in their right mind would compare an evo to a 951 you got a 15-20 yr technology gap just to start? plus it's a ricer econo box with awd and a turbo and trust me when i say they're not solid i fixed a few in light wrecks and the uni-body in these cars flex alot.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:14 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

As much as I love my 951 not because it is a Porsche but because it is a beautiful car, I have to admit that the japs got good technology whether is a copy of the euro or not they got reliable cars. Don't get too excited about the Porsche logo on your car. Porsche doesn't care about us the 944 crowd, they never did, they never will. I like my car because the way it drives, the way it looks, but I have to admit that my car doesn’t stand a change against a Modded 700hp+ evo. Down to the ground boys.

I know skylines and supras are faster, I know that the evo and sti are better cars, I know that the Z07 is an awesome car, but all of that wont change the way I feel about my car.

I like it because it is a 944 Turbo.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:35 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I give full credit to the sti + evo when it comes to rally cross, they are nigh unbeatable.

They are pretty quick to 60 mph but after that the 951 starts to shine and from 100 on the 951 will kill them...even stock.

They are also pig ugly but do appeal to the baseball cap wearing ricer brigade.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

First, you have really pissed me off lately, for the sole purpose that your mentality is top speed, and your just down right dumb.

Now, where was I...

I can compare this Japanese technology to Porsches "finest", simply because America lets me. The 944s could have been made so much better. They are not the "finest"...and I don't even own one yet!

Evos aren't really "heavy" in your sense of the word. Heavy is the muscle cars of the day tipping the scales at 4500+. Also, I would take the extra 300 pounds of AWD and what not over the 951s RWD any day of my life.

Now were onto the height statement. Fifty Seven Inches for the Evo 9. Fifty Two Inches for the 951. Not much of a difference.

This is my favorite, and again shows your mentality.

"...are useless above 100 mph..."
Last time I checked, the highest U.S. speed limit is 70 mph. You my friend, need to sell your 951, buy a ford; and wrap IT around a pole...and then learn your lesson by "walking" away with a severe injury!

"...after 50K miles the engines start to rattle and tweak, they are not strong engines after a while..."
I'm not all for the little Jap craze going on, but give credit where due. I have heard of many of these motors with 200K+ on them. There is even a guy here on rennlist that SWEARS by the motor in his Talon/eclipse rally car.

You need to scoot away from the computer screen a foot or two. I think your going blind from it, and in turn getting more idiotic with each and every post.

Sorry, but I like to be honest.

I would take an Evo 8 or STi ANY DAY of the week over even a 944TS. Don't get me wrong, I want a 944T bad, but I'm off to college in 2 years and need something to last me, not break me!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:02 PM
BigNNasty
Racer

...have a high height of 57" (kills aerodynamics), are useless above 100 mph...

...Who said there was anything fancy? The high wattage replaces the standard 55 watts of the pop ups, making a lower beam without sacrificing aerodynamics through the fog lights...
You and aerodynamics just don't get along do you? I think you need yourself a solar powered car that is 26 inches tall, and flatter then a board. Then again, it wouldn't be able to do above 100mph easily, at night non the less with your Euro Fog Racing Driving Lights...

Old 07-28-2006, 09:06 PM
420WHP944
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigNNasty
I would take an Evo 8 or STi ANY DAY of the week over even a 944TS. Don't get me wrong, I want a 944T bad, but I'm off to college in 2 years and need something to last me, not break me!
I know I'm missing something here? please help me, you want a 951 bad but would take an evo or sti any day of the week over a 951?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: evo 9 v 951?