Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

*OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Diver944
Hooray, I just spoke to Alan at Griffin and my order has been taken

I'm happy again now, and that should be another 4 names to tick off the list: diver944, Eastender, Stever951 and Fen
Glad to hear you got the shipping situation taken care of!! If you're happy now, just wait till you get the radiator!

Originally Posted by RK951
I called Griffin today and couldn't get anyone but the phone receptionist. She mentioned that Scott was no longer with the company. I tried to reach another person in sales but all they could find was voicemail. I did give me credit card info to Scott however as he is gone,m it would be nice to know for sure if I'm actually on the list.

Matt: If you have an email contact from Griffin, can you ask them to email you a list of people who they have on the actual build list as paid?
Yes - I have emailed a contact at griffin, and I hope to have a list of all the names that have called in payment information first thing tomorrow. I will post that as soon as I get a response. I was hoping to call today and see how many are still missing, however I was busy with senior design and such all day.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Fen
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diver944
Hooray, I just spoke to Alan at Griffin and my order has been taken

I'm happy again now, and that should be another 4 names to tick off the list: diver944, Eastender, Stever951 and Fen
Yay! Let me know the £ and I'll send you a cheque.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:37 PM
cantresjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

i called yesterday and gave my info. talked to deedee. she says that there are 15 people that need to call with their info before the start on the order. come on guys hurry up ;-)
Old 04-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts

I thought the final, final cut-off date was Wednesday, April 5th? Geez, how long is this going to drag on. Anyone that hasn't called by now isn't going to call.

Matt, you need to tell Griffin this is it and get on with it
Old 04-07-2006, 02:10 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

15 people???? Thats more than last time isn't it? WTF?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:21 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

I thought the final, final cut-off date was Wednesday, April 5th? Geez, how long is this going to drag on. Anyone that hasn't called by now isn't going to call.

Matt, you need to tell Griffin this is it and get on with it.

By the the time we get our rads the summer will be over.Over here we only get three months of summer.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pk951

Matt, you need to tell Griffin this is it and get on with it.

By the the time we get our rads the summer will be over.Over here we only get three months of summer.
I DID tell Griffin to place the Order by Yesterday morning.. Apparently they dont listen real well. I will give them a call in a couple minutes. I will get a list of everyone that has paid for their radiators, and tell Griffin to finalize the order and what not. I tried called Wednesday and Thursday between studying for midterms, but I didnt get ahold of them. I am done for the week besides a few meetings, so I should be able to talk with them.

Matt
Old 04-07-2006, 02:37 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Oy vey. Thanks for all the work Matt.

Question: I had to leave my information on Dede's voicemail. If she doesn't have it, am I out?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 944 Fanatic
Oy vey. Thanks for all the work Matt.

Question: I had to leave my information on Dede's voicemail. If she doesn't have it, am I out?

Paul - I sent you a PM, Dedi has your info, so you are in on the group buy.

Dedi is going to send me a complete list of everyone that has called in their info. I will have a complete list by tonight. All of our orders should be charged no later than the end of Monday.

The Group buy is now *officially* CLOSED.

I dont have an "official" date as to when we should have our radiators, but I will keep everyone up to date when I hear anything new.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me or send me a PM. I should have a bit more time now, since my midterms are over.

Thanks everyone,
Matt
Old 04-08-2006, 01:37 AM
reno928s
Pro

I spoke to them today and they said 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
OVERBOOST
Rennlist Member

Matt, I spoke to Didi on Thursday afternoon, to confirm that my info had followed with the sheet. She said; "until everyone, on her list has paid, the order won't be booked". Has this been sorted out?

You have PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Matthew951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reno928s
I spoke to them today and they said 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
Yes - Unfortuanately this is the time frame they gave me also. I think once they get our order charged (should be Monday) our orders should move along relatively smoothly. They are really backed up now, since we are getting into race season, and everyone needs a radiator now.

We'll get them soon enough, cant wait to get mine installed!

Matt
Old 04-08-2006, 04:30 PM
RK951
Rennlist Member

Matt,
Just wanted to say thanks again for you efforts on this purchase. I did reach someone yesterday at Griffin and confirmed I'm on the list as paid.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Matt,
Thanks for all the work.
I was told that Griffin is very short of personnel and that caused all the delays in contacting them. Maybe we can do this again in the winter and get better results.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Well I just spoke with Griffin and I wasn't on the list that she had? She put me down but really didn't sound too enthusiastic about the whole deal. Almost sounded like it was a problem for her to be handling this. Maybe I just caught her on a bad day who knows. I believe her name is Deedee? Or something like that. She said that she was looking after it now.
Hmmm, with a TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLAR order for radiators, I would have thought the people at Griffin would be a little more enthusiatic about taking our money!

Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* Griffin Radiator Group Buy - Friday March 17th Ending Date!