Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bosch BOV question: why is mine not holding boost?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 02:16 AM
Zero10
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a rear-turbo install? Never seen a turbo 928 before.
Old 12-31-2005, 12:11 PM
MarkRobinson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NO NO NO! It's a mid-mounted turbo setup...aka, low-mounted. Rear-mounted is a bad phrase. Since it's before the transaxle, in Porche-terms, it's "mid".

Yes, it works very well. I have a great 12-second 1/4 mile pass (on 245 rear tires, 2.20 rear gears & no LSD), but It's not on my site so someone would have to host it. My web guy's out till next week.

To clarify the last 3 posts, the BOV was inserted there just to check clearances, but is not installed like that: the side port of the BOV is pressurized...& I'm off to Porsche to buy a brand-new unit for testing...friggen Audi does not accept any returns on BOV's...so i have to pay double to experiemnt with Porsches, but at least I can return it if need be...nice guys up there.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Herr-Kuhn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

Are you sure you don't have an exhaust leak? I can't see how a leaky BOV could possible leak off that much air. If that compressor is big enough you should be able to flow ample air to the TB, even with a leak mid stream. I'm going to be using the same BOV on my twin turbo 928, the original system didn't have one.

I would review the basics first...or try it without the BOV. You might surge the compressor a bit but this will give you a definitive answer. I just can't see it being the BOV.

Quick Reply: Bosch BOV question: why is mine not holding boost?