Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

I think I got SCAMMED by a reenlist member

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:00 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, I appriciate you not mentioning my name. I will be the first to admit, I have been slow on shipping things out every once and awhile to members. Jeff (Porsche-O-Phile) can attest to this. But I have kept people up to date. Whereas others, like MichelleJD have gotten their packages before I even recieved cash. In terms of this situation, I recieved a check from Juan while out of town. I proceded to cash said check as soon as I was able to. I waited for it to clear and was told by my bank they would contact me when it did. The check cleared less than a week before Christmas, I took the box to my local UPS drop point (a hardware store I have an agreement with). Left the shipping info, account number and box with a kid who works there. Juan contacted me saying he had no info on it, etc. I told him I would get the tracking number for him ASAP. I was then out of town for 2 days in Detroit, once I was back in town and the store opened back up (after Xmas) I went in and got to the bottom of things, as I told Juan I would. Aparently the shipping lablel was not correct and the cashier could not send the package out. I helped to correct the problem and was up front with Juan the whole time as to what the status was. I then sent him a tracking number which he accused me of being a "false, non working number". I provided him with a photo of the packing slip which he, i assume accepted to be "real" for his purposes. The head is on it's way, and in the same condition in the photos I originally posted. Honestly, I feel bad that this situation ended up having to be resolved like this, but as many other listers can vouch for, I am no scammer, and I am not out to make money at the expense of the members or my reputation. Rennlist is a community and I intend to try and do my best to keep it that way.. despite some of it's recent downfalls.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:18 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is for Mike? no way is Mike anywhere near a scammer. Mike is a freind and is the most honest person with nothing but good intentions. Sorry, this thread just seems innaproriate and rediculous. He may be a roller coaster nerd, but we can forgive him for that.
Eyal
Old 12-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

and to be frank, it really upsets me that you (and the mindless mob of "sympathizers") even feel a need to post.
Does a thief judge by it's condition
Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

i think there is a lesson to be learned here ..that when someone pays you somthing... you as the seller should make every effort to make sure the item is shipped promplty and if it is not shipped out when it was supposed to be then every effort must be made to inform the buyer of what is going on.You(the seller) have to put yourself in the buyers position.I have bought things from mike in the past and can contest that he might be a little slow to ship but he always responded to me emails can kept me informed to whats going on.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:50 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by juanchovidal
I paid this guy more than 5 weeks agow.
and I have not recived my HEAD. what I need to do?
I'd like to say that I think your posting is very uncalled for and the improper way of resolving this issue. First and foremost, this should have NEVER went public as your first step, never. You should have first done everything to work with Mike, either online (PMs/emails) or off line (phone). And then if you weren't happy with the results, the next step would have been to contact John D himself. I am sure then John D could have done something, or gotten to the bottom of it real quick. If for some reason neither of those approaches worked, then as an absolute last measure you should have then publicly posted your concern with a "full" disclosure of your side of the story. But what you did was a very poor choice my friend of resolving an issue. Why? Because you could easily cause defamation of character to a rennlist member. In simple English? You could have or maybe did tarnish Mike's reputation within the entire community. Once someone posts what you did, it makes people then second guess the integrity of that individual. And once that damage is done, it can be forever a strike against him. I personally haven't dealt with Mike, but I can say this. He is a very well liked, respected, and what I would call a "quality member", versus some of the other crap that trolls on here. Now, maybe no one told you this process of being professional before in this community, but I would think that if you were rational at all you would have known better. Either way, you should now know better what to do in the future, right? Personally, I think you should publicly apologize to Mike so that "everyone" hears it from you, being that you were the source that made these allegations. So next time please be careful in your approach, for as I said you can easily tarnish someone's sound reputation. And as such, that can damaging forever in an online community.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:59 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dr. Dynamics
Does a thief judge by it's condition
does an obscure post serve a purpose? look, i'm a huge fan of prose, and would even go so far as to say that my command of the english language isn't completely horrible, but your post baffles me, and, in layman's terms, OMGWTFBBQ?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Sorry but I pitch on Juanchovdal's side...

Rolex, juanchovidal's been emailing ever since. Did you read right. Juancho never said a name and asked for advice to solve the issue (that's what rennlist is for right?). Mike threw himself to the pool all alone. No offense Mike.

It's not that much the money, but the lack of responsibility that creates suspision on these kind of things. As a seller I never cash in until I ship.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:06 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

As a seller, I never ship until it clears. Pure and simple I've been burned before and I do everything in my power to make sure every party is happy, to the best of my ability. I'm sure we're all sorry the situation worked out like this, but like I said, the head is on it's way.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:10 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

in case you all hadn't noticed, i haven't posted here in AGES. there's a reason:
That's why if you want to add somthing useful...try to have RED LETTERS first in your avatar.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:16 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

It looks like the problem is resolved, can the original poster (or moderator) close this before it becomes a bitchfest.....
Old 12-29-2005, 10:18 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

That's why if you want to add somthing useful...try to have RED LETTERS first in your avatar.
Hmm. That's funny, it would appear I've been part of Rennlist since 2001. Several years between now and then, I was a paying member... back when I had a running 951. I also was/am a card-carrying member of the PCA, not that I feel the need to explain myself to you nor justify my existence in a community that I helped to build.

But yeah. You are typifying my reasons for no longer wishing to spend (waste?) my time here. You, the ricer 15 year old kids who can't drive much less ruin their Porsche (yet), the trolls like this topic's originator, and just the general lack of technical posters like Danno, Rage2, TonyG, etc. THAT is what Rennlist was about - technical discussions, not idiots running about throwing accusations across.

Anyhow, before feel the need to further waste my time by resorting to belittling your mother, the size of your genitalia or the (lack of) horsepower of your car, I suggest you quit while you are ahead. To aid you in this, I'll give you a nice visual aid:

Pretty easy to hide behind a keyboard and act the e-thug, isn't it?
Old 12-29-2005, 10:21 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry but I pitch on Juanchovdal's side...

Rolex, juanchovidal's been emailing ever since. Did you read right. Juancho never said a name and asked for advice to solve the issue (that's what rennlist is for right?). Mike threw himself to the pool all alone. No offense Mike.

It's not that much the money, but the lack of responsibility that creates suspision on these kind of things. As a seller I never cash in until I ship.
Yes I can read, and English is my "primary" language, thank you very much. And yes Mike did disclose his name first, I read that too. But the real issue here is protocol, get it? Quite simple.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:33 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Pretty easy to hide behind a keyboard and act the e-thug, isn't it?
Cheers to you ignorance
Old 12-29-2005, 10:38 AM
TurboCab
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would ask fellow Rennlisters to stop posting in this thread. The original argument was clarified. No reason to continue bashing each other.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Cheers to you ignorance

Quick Reply: I think I got SCAMMED by a reenlist member