Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 09:36 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since Soloracers posted that comment early, the thread has gone OT big time. I ask for those involved or adding fuel to his initiative to kindly refocus here. I don't want to close my thread here, but I think I see it coming with another post of that nature. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:15 AM
shmark
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like everyone was getting along just fine until soloracer showed up. Why do some people have to stir the pot?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:39 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
I leave for a few days and I miss four pages of this. Makes me warm and fuzzy all over that everyone is getting along. I can't wait to see what comes out of this. Congrats Rob. ST is a great guy to work on the car for you. I am really glad to know his garage is very nice and state of the art. Makes me feel better in case I decide to come up to visit. Depending on how your car comes out. I have a feeling it's going to come out way better than just with Lindsey. Can't wait to hear how it turns out...
Joe, while you are here might is well start thinking about a new name, here are some suggestions:

D2ndFastest951
AlmostDfastest951
Onceb4Dfastest951
nomoreDfastest951
IwasDfastest951

Take care

Luis
Old 10-01-2005, 01:02 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Rob,
Congratulations, you got the best of both worlds. You got an awsome engine built by one of the best people in the business (Lindsey Racing) and then you took one step further into getting one of the best in 944 electronics wiz(Vitesse Racing) in the industry.

To top things up, you took another step ahead and have the Supa Tooner get things running perfectly.

As of now, i am guessing a near 600whp in that monster you call a car. Keep us updated on the results!!

Old 10-01-2005, 01:27 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Rob,
Congratulations, you got the best of both worlds. You got an awsome engine built by one of the best people in the business (Lindsey Racing) and then you took one step further into getting one of the best in 944 electronics wiz(Vitesse Racing) in the industry.

To top things up, you took another step ahead and have the Supa Tooner get things running perfectly.

As of now, i am guessing a near 600whp in that monster you call a car. Keep us updated on the results!!

OMG, Hosrom you are alive. I am so glad. I was worry. I though I was your picture that I saw in the news the other day. Glad you are okay.
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
special tool
Banned

We will not get 600 RWHP.

If I had my way we would - but I am outvoted by both Rolex and Fast951 who want a tune for torque first and HP second.

I would risk saying that it will be north of 500 RWTTTTTTTQQQQQQ however....

Old 10-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lart951
OMG, Hosrom you are alive. I am so glad. I was worry. I though I was your picture that I saw in the news the other day. Glad you are okay.
Joe, while you are here might is well start thinking about a new name, here are some suggestions:

D2ndFastest951
AlmostDfastest951
Onceb4Dfastest951
nomoreDfastest951
IwasDfastest951

Take care

Luis

STOP I'M GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK
Old 10-01-2005, 01:40 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurboX

STOP I'M GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK
Hey Ian, btw thanks for the picture of the meeting you guys had. Looks great

Okay after this one I wil stop. I promise you Hosry.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:43 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Luis: When will you ever stop that junk?

Tool: Well, think of it.....as of now, with you're 2.5L and stock intercooler, intake manifold and headers/x-over pipe, you're hitting 500whp. Now, with a 3.0L and a intercooler upgrade, intake manifold and headers/x-over exhaust i believe that Rob's car would be seeing well over 550whp. Not to mention the VT MAF and the chips.......600whp is more of a reality. And yes, torque would have a significant rise as well!!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Hey Ian, btw thanks for the picture of the meeting you guys had. Looks great

Okay after this one I wil stop. I promise you Hosry.

I'm not gona lie, that was a good party. That was also my first time meeting Rolex. Not what you would exspect a Italian man to be but uhh what ever
Old 10-01-2005, 04:18 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TurboX
I'm not gona lie, that was a good party. That was also my first time meeting Rolex. Not what you would exspect a Italian man to be but uhh what ever
Waaaaay to funny.

lart951: If you dont stop with those photos, I am going to **** in my own pants! I am soooo dying over here!

shmark: Thanks pal

Defastest951: Dude, you have to see ST's shop. It is insane! It is huge, immaculate, and he has every possible "tool" you could ever need for a car. Seriously, you have to think about hooking up wth him, and get your car past 500 RWHP, easily.

Hos: Thanks for the vote of confidence. You are right, Lindsey built me a great car, but as I said several times, VR & ST will take me to the next level - without a doubt.

ST: The car is in your hands pal, tune that thing to absolute perfection baby. Right now, we need to be conservative with my current turbo set-up. But when I buy the one from VR, it's a whole other ball game. Maybe we should shoot for some "big power", say, 1100 RWHP?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:32 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

If I were Rolex I would be more concerned about overall driveability. The new software should address that first. As far as HP I'm thinking not much gain in RWHP at the same boost level. The problem with afm to maf piggybacks is you have to work really hard at getting the right load cells programed so you can run 18 19 20 and 20+.This takes a lot of time. That is beyond most peoples ability that don't program there own fuel curves and have a dyno at hand or a test track for logging. If a fuel curve was given to you by LR and you run the 18psi that the car was tuned for. Assuming it was tuned right. It will be hard to beat on the same dyno. I can't see the car making much more at 18psi. I'm sure that the ability of bumping up the boost at will with the VT software. Will yield much higher numbers.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:38 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Well.....Rob's old MAF needed some re-calibration, this is going back in the days when pro-m went out of business and everyone was worried.

Now, that is changed, completely.........
Old 10-01-2005, 05:04 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Lindsey is not a builder, He's a tuner. Powerhaus, JME, Scott Gomez, they are builder's. Lindsey did what they could. Sometimes you get what you pay for. VT and ST will take it to the next level. Hell, I'm talking with Powerhaus now about working with VT and may actually take ST up on his offer. Especially since Rob's told me how his shop is. His tuning needs no boosting, no pun intended. I am just not sure which Turbo to go with as Powerhaus custom makes each one, hence the price. They blow extremely hard.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:05 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Machtig Turbo
Lets face it, 18psi is Nanna boost, there is at least 50WHP in more boost alone. I am assuming either the chips were not mapped, the MAF maxed or the injectors maxed, or the fuel pump maxed, to not allow more boost. I am still perplexed why Lindsey (one of the best engine builders) would put in small injectors, leave the pump stock?, facilitate only 18psi, if they knew you wanted a HP monster to complete with Joe and Powerhaus. Something just does not add up. Whats more curious is that Dave said he could have taken it to the next level in his forum, then why didnt they in the first instance instead of making you basically buy the same parts you already upgraded. If the whole issue was the MAF, why not offer a MAP (wolf, tec, link, motec, aem, haltec, microtech) solution. Be clear Rob this is not a dig at you, its just the situation just does not totally add up with Dave saying the car runs perfect now and that they can take it to the next level already... I suspect Dave is not exactly publising all the truth perhaps?
OT. Please do not continue. Contact LR directly if you have a zillion questions. But I am asking you nicely again now, please stop with these OT posts. if not, Ill just close it. Enough BS with the OT!

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool