Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markus951
I saw that my name have been mentioned here. Anyway, i've try'd 30 psi but my injectors are on 100% duty @ 6500 rpm (680cc). I have only 3 bar map sensor so it can get tricky. But if I raise fuel pressure to 6 bar at idle then my injectors should be something like 950cc-s so that should be enought to run even 37 psi. Of course I need to change that stock head gasket first. But since I need to sort out cam probem first (I have surge on full load on 4 th gear) no point really to raise boost. But i will try 40 psi in spring with new cam, new map sensor, new headgasket and more proper tuning.

Daily I drive 26 psi, plenty for me
You saw your name mentioned here? Sorry mate, it wasn't me. I was asking Joe if he was planning on running 30PSI and how. In no way did I mention your name nor imply it? That's odd.

Old 10-05-2005, 12:37 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What the heck is going on with my nice thread? I leave for a while and it's getting all twisted, damn.

Help? Ted? What about a 3.2.1.???
Old 10-05-2005, 12:43 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
Talk is cheap.

Skunk - you'll make someone a great wife someday, with all the talking you do.
Well...you have TEN TIMES my posts...so who's the better wife...?
Old 10-05-2005, 12:45 PM
special tool
Banned

Rolex - no problems here - Skunk an I are old friends!!!!
Old 10-05-2005, 12:53 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wasted Spark/Fuel package ????

Individual coils with individual throttle bodies
Old 10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ah, ok then. Sorry mates...

Old 10-05-2005, 01:23 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Rob, I have the complete build to hold up to pretty much any boost except the obvious. Heat and detonation. The detonation part I can handle. Uh, I mean with John's parts and ST, or engine management and Powerhaus. The heat. That's the problem. I'm on my fourth motor. The wear on these things when they get hot is crazy. I'm talking with someone right now about significantly reducing temps on critical moving parts during boost in order to run high boost and hold up like supra motors. It's just really expensive and will require a rebuild of my motor. So I'll have to wait and see. Right now, I'm just waiting to see how your car turns out and hope you get the car where you want it.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:40 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I/m hoping to go to stand alone with COP this fall. We're going to try to adapt an AEM EMS and run Hyabusa coils. I have a set in the carriage house for this purpose. Geoff, my partners brother, is pretty versed in this stuff and we'll keep everyone updated in how it goes.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IanS
Ah standalone. I've been hoping to avoid that, but it certainly solves the ignition issue. And $40 is a very reasonable price.

How are they working compared to the stock distributor setup? Are you running bigger plug gaps?

-Ian
Looks like Vitesse may be solving the ignition issue with the existing Motronic... maybe flick him an email and see it that solves your issues.

I have a slightly wider plug gap, remember a stronger spark means more prone to detonation, so you have to pull back timing a little. Wasted spark produces a far greater spark over the stock setup, in theory. Also keep in mind settng the dwell for the type of coil you use... this is VERY important and something I believe gets lost in the process as people dont generally have the scope to measure where it should be.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
Hey Rob, I have the complete build to hold up to pretty much any boost except the obvious. Heat and detonation. The detonation part I can handle. Uh, I mean with John's parts and ST, or engine management and Powerhaus. The heat. That's the problem. I'm on my fourth motor. The wear on these things when they get hot is crazy. I'm talking with someone right now about significantly reducing temps on critical moving parts during boost in order to run high boost and hold up like supra motors. It's just really expensive and will require a rebuild of my motor. So I'll have to wait and see. Right now, I'm just waiting to see how your car turns out and hope you get the car where you want it.
A complete rebuild for what? Who told you that you need that Joe? That sounds to me like sonmeone is just trying to sell you a very expensive package.

And you are waiting to see what my car does? You're funny. You're the one making 479 @21PSI and driving it everyday, I have yet to catch you dude!

But seriously, I think you need to talk to John before you consider a rebuild or anything for that matter. If you want to talk off-line, just PM. We're going a bit OT here, and I dont want to do that on this thread.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:18 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"We're going a bit OT here, and I dont want to do that on this thread."

Yeah Dammit you two, if you don't have a ridiculous picture with an equally ridiculous caption photoshopped into it, then you are clearly OFF TOPIC. Sheesh the nerve of some people. Thinking they can post a legitiamte thread and then hilack the hijackers with actual info related to the topic. Some nerve!
Now back to our previously scheduled hijack.

(Text & Photo Deleted)

Last edited by Marc Shaw; 10-05-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Inappropriate posts will not be tolerated
Old 10-05-2005, 07:23 PM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ehall, that's nasty. Funny as hell though.
Rob. No one told me that I need a rebuild. It's what I will have to do if I can get what I need done. No big deal. I haven't gotten there yet. Let's just see how John and Jim do up your car. I'm excited for you. For that matter, for me too, for the future.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:18 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Ehall: Ughhhh.......

Dfastest: Any pics of your ladies to offset that nasty photo ehall just posted would be greatly appreciated........
Old 10-05-2005, 09:16 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Quick update on the wasted spark. We have been testing it for a while with great results. ST just received the pre-official release version, when he tries it I'm sure he'll share his findings with you guys.
Vitesse Wasted Spark obviously eliminates the distributor caps and rotor. The WP is designed to be used with a coil pack or with a coil over plug. The advantages of the WS (basically what others pointed out) is the hotter spark (needed under boost & higher RPM).
Old 10-05-2005, 09:24 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

That sounds great John. And don't forget where my spot in line is for one of these new VR goodies!

Quick Reply: Rolex Partners Up With Vitesse Racing & Special Tool