944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Turn Signal won't cancel...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 07:19 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll try the tape. If that doesn't do it, I'll live with it for now.
Thx, guys.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Musche
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Also try loosening the 8mm bolt underneath that holds the switch assembly to the steering column and pulling the whole thing forward just a little bit. It might be enough to let the pin on the wheel hit the white lever that does the cancelling. If you take the wheel off and test the cancelling with a screw driver or something and it works, this is probably your problem.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!

Well, I wouldn't have beleived it...
I was really all set to buy a new switch assy - but thought I'd check here first.

Sure enough, the tape trick did it! I pulled the wheel, and the little white trigger worked fine so I knew the switch gear was OK. I tried a couple of things, but the tape trick worked. In my toolbox, I found soume "aluminized" tape with a peel off backing which seems ideal for this. Hopefully, it will be fairly permanent.
BTW, I think the problem ultimately is with the aftermarket hub. Obviously the 'tang" is too small. It is from AJ Racing in SD and used to mount their 930S wheel (which I have on both cars and love).

Again, the Rennlist saves me!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:36 PM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Old 08-24-2005, 05:07 PM
nize
Banned

is there a special process to get the steering wheel off on a car equipped with airbags?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Evan70
Pro

Originally Posted by nize
is there a special process to get the steering wheel off on a car equipped with airbags?
Pull the airbag fuse and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before starting dissasembly. Otherwise it's pretty much the same. Takes about 5 minutes to actually remove the wheel.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal won't cancel...