Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Another Project started (GT30R, fuel managenent etc)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:19 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951
I want one of the full GT35R's (thinking .63 AR) and one of your modded oil lines Tim. Can get me a shipping USPS quote... cheers.

We can sell the GT35R "E" turbos for $1275
We can sell the GT35R "S" turbos for $1325

To modify it so it bolts to the stock mount add $100
The E turbos will fit under the stock intake manifold with this mod.The S will not.

We might be able to machine some KKK hotsides so they fit on these turbos which could make this turbo a true bolt-on.We are looking into doing this right now.

Andrew it is going to cost $40 or $80 to ship it to you via USPS.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:29 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim

We might be able to machine some KKK hotsides so they fit on these turbos which could make this turbo a true bolt-on.We are looking into doing this right now.
Tim, save yourself the hassle, the crossover pipe still require modification, which puts you back in the same place as using the Garrett turbine housing.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Markus951
Racer

Crossover pipe needs to be extended. about 5 cm, And I needed to modify my custom downpipe (what was made for KKK turbo), because 3" downpipe made for KKK turbo does not fit, why? If using downpipe made for KKK turbo then crossover pipe needs to go through the donpipe. so it is totally different, I had to cut my allready made downpipe and modify it. Also i modified crossover pipe. But everything is in place now. If I want to upgrade later to some bigger turbocharger, no mods are neseccary. Just have to make eighter custom intake manny or change the angle of intake manny by adding af billet flange between cilinder head and intake manifold. BTW I might upgrade later to 3.0 liter and GT35R or GT30/40R. Will see how this turbo performs. I set the target smth like 400+ on rear wheels. will see
Old 08-03-2005, 09:48 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Hmm lots of work i see.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Markus951
Racer

Ok Guy's here is some picture update. I got the car running with new turbo. The sound what that turbo makes is so Different from any other I have heard. The whistle itself it's so loud. At the moment I can drive 25% throttle and some 4000 rpm maximum. Just havent had time to have it adjusted. During this week I will try tateh autotune option, what should get me somewhere near to 300 hp. Then Ill be expectin a friend from finland to come over and we do rest of the tuning on the rolling road.

Some pic of my downpipe

Crossover pipe:

Tial 40mm

Under the car:

Trigger wheel

Is there anyone who had same solution made for trigger. Is there a threat that cambelt will drag and that can change ignition for some 5 degrees. Is the degree change constant if so then i can tell tatech that from certain RPM igniton must be changed. But if it is not constat or sometimes it's +5 and sometime -5 degrees then im in trouble.
One pop up light had to go...

Engine bay:

AEM wide band kit what is connected to tatech engine management and works together with autotune option;

Apex-i boost control solenoid also controlled by Tatech.

FPR, with bracket needs to be modified:

Fuel Pr essure gauge:

Bucket seat:

Pop-up light mod;

Actually im planning to make a glassfiber unit, with race mesh but is there any pics about how it will look on 951, anyone?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

<I also bought Porsche 911 GT2 clutch ( it will fit after little modification on flywheel, good thing is that it is that the cover itself is made of alumminium so it is mutch lighter than stock unit.>

are you sure it fits?
what kind of mods?
The 993 TT should fit easier

Konstantin
Old 08-23-2005, 07:19 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man. Couple of things:
-turn the bypass valve around - I know that is according to instructions - turn it
around anyway
-why do you have only 25 psi fuel pressure?
-why did you buy that fuel pressure regulator whn paragon has an adjustable
billet regulator that is bolt-on and excellent quality?
-there is absolutely NO need to waste thousands of dollars at rolling road when you have a friend to tune, street car and wideband datalogger in 2005. Those days are gone. Don't throw money out the window. Drive around on the street, have your friend log and make adjustments after - that's free.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Markus951
Racer

-Looks good man. Couple of things:
-turn the bypass valve around - I know that is according to instructions - turn it
around anyway
-why do you have only 25 psi fuel pressure?
-why did you buy that fuel pressure regulator whn paragon has an adjustable
billet regulator that is bolt-on and excellent quality?
-there is absolutely NO need to waste thousands of dollars at rolling road when you have a friend to tune, street car and wideband datalogger in 2005. Those days are gone. Don't throw money out the window. Drive around on the street, have your friend log and make adjustments after - that's free.
Firs of all, when I bouth that regulator I did not know abot anything porsche aftermarket shops. And actually this one works really good only installation is a bit tricky

Fuel pressure, hmm, actually I have fuel pressure set to smh like 3 bar=42 psi when idles. I took pics when car was turned off, maybe it drops a bit then.

So you suggesting to tune it by ourselvs then? It would be my first tuning session then... Im scared a bit.
My datalogger looks like this

And program itself is like this:
Old 08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
special tool
Banned

Do you have a means to log your wideband?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And program itself is like this
looks like Finnish to me
Old 08-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

why does the tubo have that second...thingy?
like two covers?

and ST. i thought that even if you tune on the street. you get a car that runs nice. but you could be missing tons of HP because buttdynos arent accurate?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Markus951
Racer

well, interesting thing is that friend of mine who's consulting me on this project have buttuned some fine cars like some audis 5 cilinder 2.3 liter and 600 + hp He is quite experienced, on that type ot thing. Dyno will never give you real driving conditions. But dynotune is much easier, also rolling road tune sometimes need to break speedlimits twice, so...

Turbo, hmm you mean surge holes on compressor housing? Like this here ?

The surgeholes operate similar to By Pass or BOV, extra air will be pushed out through that holes. It makes funny giggle noise when air is pushed through.

Markus
Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am looking forward how your friend will build up his 951 which he bought from a friend of mine.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:05 AM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Looks good other than that headlight screen!! At least it is functional, though.

Is that wire down the side of the car for the wideband?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:38 AM
special tool
Banned

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUugh - Campeck, do you REALY think I meant butt dyno???
Learn how to read, boy. I said 2 times datalog with a wideband - then playback and make load-cell revisions.
Leave whatever you are doing with your butt at your car.

Quick Reply: Another Project started (GT30R, fuel managenent etc)