Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ZERO oil pressure and a rattling sound - OMG - PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:27 AM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can also remove all your spark plugs, squirt a little oil in each spark plug hole, just to coat the cyl.
Then remove the DME relay.
Now crank it over, with the plugs out it will spin much faster, I can build 4 -5 bar of
oil pressure this way.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:34 PM
300guy
Rennlist Member

ok - so I found out why the car wont start now. I took off the distributer cap and found a broken rotor. Man - this car is fightin' me.

I'll get a new rotor/cap monday (or at least, order it monday from NAPA).

HOPEFULLY I will have oil pressure!

thanks for the suggestions! Next on my list to check is the OPRV, if I need to.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:00 PM
AL951
Racer

Have you ever driven the car for a long time without the balance shalf belt on?........Does the engine has a strong vibration at around 3K-3.5K?...............If you answer yes to any of this questions, their is a strong posibility that the pick-up tube may be damage.
I was out driving on some back roads near to were a live. It had been about 45 minutes of hard driving and when I slow down for a stop, I notice very low oil press and noises from the engine bay. I rev the engine and the noise would go away and I would get about 1.5 bar of press. I drove home keeping the engine spinning fast enough to see some pressure on the guage. When I got home I went to work and after replacing the OPRV and the oil pump, I had no oil press. I had a friend at Parts Heaven, and he said that early pick-up tubes were prone to breaking. I took the pan off and sure enough it was damage. True story!

Regards,
AL

Quick Reply: ZERO oil pressure and a rattling sound - OMG - PLEASE HELP