Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New product ideas... post here

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 06:46 AM
Skunk Workz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
This my be he case on a flow bench but keep in mind that under restriction flow trends to equalize.
I know...the stock manifold flows more than a ported,stock-valve head even at it's least-flowing runner,so I wouldn't worry...
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 PM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
Hey Pete
What exactly would be involved here ?
Is there a recipe for this ?
I have a Vitesse Stage II set up with MAF and etc ...
I saw a very impressive job done by Davinder(B951S)
But,I never really got the full dirt as to how it is done He had it on another PC
that was no more.
I have a visual smog I have to pass here and I kinda like the stock look anyway
TIA
Regards
Ed
With MAP it pretty simple; I bought a defective AFM,gutted and grinded it to max and used it's original temp sensor ( hence that stock wiring ).I also have a KKK 27/6 hybrid,so I had to cut that original J-boot and vulcanize ( is that a correct term in english ?? ) it to an into correct angle cut piece from 70mm ID,90-degree bent radiator hose.It still looks like stock...from the top.From below my full ( incl. downpipe ) 3" exhaust gives some hints of tuning...

With MAF I guess that you have to make an adaptor into both ends of that sensor to get it fitted into AFM's place. With professionally cut & welded ( aluminium ) parts and proper finish it will look like OEM.

Power. Lots is good, more is better, too much is just right...

'87 951, RIP
'00 996 C2 L92U AQ / IXAA IXRB IX54 M96/7.xx G96/7.88 M030 M375 M376 M436 M476 M601 M983 ... + 991 GT3 brakes, 997 GT3 sway bars, fully monoball'd suspension, Bilstein Cup Car coilovers, do88 Big Pack ICs. 10 & 12 x 19" BBS CH-R wheels with 265/30 & 325 /30 -19 MPSC2s.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:48 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by pete95zhn
With MAP it pretty simple; I bought a defective AFM,gutted and grinded it to max and used it's original temp sensor ( hence that stock wiring ).I also have a KKK 27/6 hybrid,so I had to cut that original J-boot and vulcanize ( is that a correct term in english ?? ) it to an into correct angle cut piece from 70mm ID,90-degree bent radiator hose.It still looks like stock...from the top.From below my full ( incl. downpipe ) 3" exhaust gives some hints of tuning...

With MAF I guess that you have to make an adaptor into both ends of that sensor to get it fitted into AFM's place
. With professionally cut & welded ( aluminium ) parts and proper finish it will look like OEM.
Its this part I am not really clear on ...?? I dont believe I would use the stock temp sensor in my case. So, I was hopping to use the AFM as a shell and incorporate the MAF unit I have to do all the electronics involved
Maybe John ( Vitesse ) would be able to tell me since its his MAF ...
Thanks Pete !
Any one out there have a trashed AFM the want to sell cheap ?
Please let me know
Thanks
Regards
Ed
Old 10-31-2005, 02:08 PM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

If there's space enough inside the AFM I think it can be done...I mean by inserting the whole MAF there.
I am not so familiar with that thing that I would give instructions to disassemble MAF and put all viable parts inside AFM body...but it also might be possible.That hot wire is just quite sensitive...
What I meant in my post was that you could replace AFM with MAF and still make it look like it always was there.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

I got ya Pete
Thx
Ed

Quick Reply: New product ideas... post here