Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

My first fibreglass effort! Intake partition... NOW WITH UPGRADES!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 12:15 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car just gets sexier and sexier, you know that?
Old 03-05-2005, 09:21 AM
stewardx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You copied the Lindsey maf trap and confirmed again that it works. Good work!

Wes
Old 03-05-2005, 09:30 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Nice Job Wes! Always good to see someone take the high ground. Way to keep this stupid *** feud alive. Keep your LR crap private. We, (I feel certain that there are many of us.) are tired of the Andrew/ LR feud wasting our bandwidth. If you want this to continue, take it to your LR board. It's revolting that a professional organization would allow this to continue. It's also unbelievably unprofessional. You'll not be getting another dime of my money.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stewardx
You copied the Lindsey maf trap and confirmed again that it works. Good work!

Wes

HAHA the design is completely different

and he didn't spend 100$ for a piece of fiberglass...

I really wish these LR arguments would go away...
Old 03-05-2005, 02:59 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Same concept
Old 03-05-2005, 03:05 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, a couple of things, my design is a flat sheet and uses the stock mountng points which means almost anyone can make one. The LR design is much more elaborate and is a circa right angle piece that requires pot rivots or drilling into the body. The LR design also limites greatly the size of the filter you can get in there. Finally, you have posted NO data on your website about your design even working! No before and after temps, nothing. Though I suspect it does work. Very unprofessional post. Thats why Dave was banned...

I am just trying to post some data on a cheap piece of MY work that other people can copy for some cheap HP, if you have an issue with my design, call your patent lawyer!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:06 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Same concept
Yup same conecpt, like a 3" downpipe LR copied from SFR? Oh no, LR copied it exactly, I copied off whoever the person was that invented the conecpt of trying to get cold air into the system by partitioning areas off in the engine bay.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:58 PM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

NZ951
Good work! Thanks for sharing the info.
Don't let the "_astards " get you down.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:59 PM
flamingeye
Instructor

I think you have done a pretty good job there with your finish and look, also it works.How about carbon fibre sheet, for those with those looks in mind. It is ideal for this application.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:03 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

I see, so if every chip out there in the market is considered "copied" from other vendors/manufacturers? So, if you said is true, then APE copied Weltmeister, who copied GURU who copied Vitesse, who copied LR, who copied SFR, who copied Anderson......you get the idea

If LR have a 3" downpipe, and so does SFR, if say broadfoot comes up with one, they "copied" it?

Get real Andy, you wanted a LR MAF Trap not too long ago and heck, you even started a thread about it.

Just stop it with the LR bashing crap, you wanted their product, you couldn't get you're hands on it, you just made YOURE version of it, with/without data it doesn't matter now.

You did a good job on you're own, that is not satisfying for you?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Flamingeye: Yeah I looked at carbon fibre. I have a white theme in the bay so that was a better choice, and its much cheaper especially when learning. But you are right, it would look pretty sweet, I could always lay some CF over this piece You can buy CF in preformed flat sheets with a nice finish already... pretty bling!

Thanks Tim!
Old 03-05-2005, 04:11 PM
NZ951
Race Director

I see, so if every chip out there in the market is considered "copied" from other vendors/manufacturers? So, if you said is true, then APE copied Weltmeister, who copied GURU who copied Vitesse, who copied LR, who copied SFR, who copied Anderson......you get the idea

If LR have a 3" downpipe, and so does SFR, if say broadfoot comes up with one, they "copied" it?

Get real Andy, you wanted a LR MAF Trap not too long ago and heck, you even started a thread about it.

Just stop it with the LR bashing crap, you wanted their product, you couldn't get you're hands on it, you just made YOURE version of it, with/without data it doesn't matter now.

You did a good job on you're own, that is not satisfying for you?
Thats your logic you are posting Sam. I wanted data on their product as the ideas of colder air was good. NOONE AT ALL HERE HAS PURCHASED ONE! I could get one if I wanted to. BUT I chose not to for the reasons I mentioned, dont want to pot rivot into or drill into my body work and I wanted a filter that was big enough to flow more than 300P. So data does not matter now? Thats the spirit, and will keep you in a good mindset for future LR purchases. For someone with only a vac hose kit for modifications, you sure do have a LOT to say on absolutely everything. LR bashed me if you were even able to read it
Old 03-05-2005, 04:19 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

What is up with you and everyone else? the only product i purhcased AND posted here from LR was their vacuum kit, how the heck do you or anyone else know what is in my car???

When i said data doesn't matter NOW, i meant in my post because you said:

Originally Posted by NZ951
Yup same conecpt, like a 3" downpipe LR copied from SFR? Oh no, LR copied it exactly, I copied off whoever the person was that invented the conecpt of trying to get cold air into the system by partitioning areas off in the engine bay.

You turned it into another LR bashing thread (not suprised). Another thing,why in the world did i tell you that you did a good job since my first post? you just talked trash about their product, and i responded, then brough up their 3" downpipe and the "copying" issue.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:24 PM
NZ951
Race Director

What is up with you and everyone else? the only product i purhcased AND posted here from LR was their vacuum kit, how the heck do you or anyone else know what is in my car???

When i said data doesn't matter NOW, i meant in my post because you said:

You turned it into another LR bashing thread (not suprised). Another thing,why in the world did i tell you that you did a good job since my first post? you just talked trash about their product, and i responded, then brough up their 3" downpipe and the "copying" issue.
We know Sam beccause everytime of even mildly consider any kind of purchase or anything at all to do with your car you post about it a lot. Thats how we know wats in your car. No LR turned it into a thread about them. You are aware Stewardx works for LR? He comes on here, not even a member and bashes me and promotes his products. If I was a sponsor I would be pissed at this. I didnt trash their product, I posted fastc about it, are you LR tinted lenses that strong? LR bought up the copy issue, I responded to it.

Now that LR and you have crapped all over my thread I am closing it.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:26 PM
NZ951
Race Director

If anyone else wants info on this, please PM me and I will answer any questions then.

Quick Reply: My first fibreglass effort! Intake partition... NOW WITH UPGRADES!