Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Who is doing what to their car this week?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:58 AM
CPTdooberhead
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to sell my car this week
-Randy
Old 02-27-2005, 10:02 AM
MitchB
Burning Brakes

Location: Dallas, then Annapolis - now Laguna Beach CA. Well, not so fast - I'm back in Dallas. For good!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put tires on the new 17 inch wheels - finally - and put 'em on.

Calling Paragon in the morning to order suspension parts. Starting with front Koni's (already have the rears) and lowering/coil over kit. Then set the ride height and new alignment. M030 sways and Delrin bushings will be round two...
Old 02-27-2005, 10:08 AM
alexands
Pro

Install passenger 5pt harness. Cut carpet from under roll bar mounts (PCA rule), and switch the drivers seat (adjustable rails) with passenger seat (direct floor mount). The car's for sale, but I just can't stop fiddling with it. Don't know what I'm going to do when (if) it sells.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:35 AM
pieball
Racer

Well, I'm gonna try and get my ne Sparco seats installed, along with the rear QA1 coilovers, along with my Tial WG for the second time, along with the Autosport roll bar, along with continued weight reduction, along with my sunroof delete project, along with a few other things. Realitstically, it's not gonna happen, maybe by summer if I'm lucky!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:34 AM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hahaha, scott if you get all that done with your work schedule, then the next one is on me
Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 AM
shmark
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finish the cam tower gasket job and get driving again!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hopefully resolve the central locking issue in my S2. I think it's the plastic linkage in the driver side door.

Symptoms: can lock/unlock both doors from driver side, passenger side only locks/unlocks itself, console button only locks but won't unlock.

On the 951: reaim the headlights, as I've noticed the driver side is a bit lower than the passenger side.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
special tool
Banned

Luis - you have the most difficult job yet. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:21 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Hopefully resolve the central locking issue in my S2. I think it's the plastic linkage in the driver side door.

Symptoms: can lock/unlock both doors from driver side, passenger side only locks/unlocks itself, console button only locks but won't unlock.

On the 951: reaim the headlights, as I've noticed the driver side is a bit lower than the passenger side.
I wrote up my linkage replacement here, if that proves to be your problem.

http://members.rennlist.com/tom86951/
Old 02-27-2005, 12:21 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

-Looking for a minor vacuum leak and checking boost gauge (suspect it is faulty).

-Replace clutch master and slave cylinders (including the intermediate hose).

-Vacuum interior (sandy weather )
Old 02-27-2005, 12:45 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh the list:
1. Finish rebuilding the power steering lines and put them back in the car
2. Put in the PS rack
3. Put in the new washer tank
4. Put on new hood struts
5. Think about what i can have scott powdercoat me with his new system....hmmmmm where is that extra intake laying......wait a second....Scott, you didnt mention anything about an oven....and i know of only 1 oven in your house.....Lisa doesn't know about this does she I think the 968 was just revenge for putting a hole in her ceiling.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
Luis - you have the most difficult job yet. Good luck.
I know, among other things, I disassembled the CVs on the 83 three times last year, so I figure it's time to take it easy.

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
I wrote up my linkage replacement here, if that proves to be your problem.

http://members.rennlist.com/tom86951/
That's super, Tom. Thanks! BTW, I really like your avatar. It's beautiful.
Old 02-27-2005, 02:45 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm in the middle of replacing my t-stat -- what a b!tch!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow...OK, the Mahle 100.5mm pistons are off to LR to be moly coated on the skirts and thermal coated on the top and then backed, returned to me. The block, already done to 100.5 is going to Duffin Engine in San Antonio soon to have a retreatment of the bores, just a slight clean and then hone in Alusil. The main and rod bearings are teflon coated and ready to go.

The "spare" block is going to Jim (jwl) who is getting ready to build a 2.8 stroker with Vitesse Stage IV kit on it. The short block coming out of his car will be a "SPARE" for the track car. The short block coming out of my car is going to be built utilizing 101mm TC pistons and possibly a lightened crank and then it will just be a "spare", along with the DME/KLR and new wiring harness - or is some rennlister has another Perry951.

Jim just finished a motor for a buddy in Corpus Christi who blew the headgasket at TWS 2 months ago. Duffin did the block work, 101.5 pistons from TC, LR head and cross drilled crank. This guy bought Jim's stage II Vitesse kit, they fired the car yesterday, one small oil leak and one small water leak - repaired now and the car idles perfect and started on the first try.
"ring around the engines...whew!"
Old 02-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

I have been sitting here researching how to reindex bigger 28mm torsion bars so the ride height will be ok and if i can do it all with the assembly still on the car. I just sprayed one of my PD centers with anthracite an hour ago and will go spray some clear on it now. I am thinking to either start the tbars or pull the intake off so I can redo the vacum lines and get the turbo out to send out for a k27 uprade or put in a new front sway bar bushing that popped out on the track at Limerock. I have to admit i am not feeling motivated at the moment. With work and family its tought to get this all done. I just had a thought. maybe I need to waste a few vacation days and just get into my garage.

Quick Reply: Who is doing what to their car this week?