Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Where to run a boost line for aftermarket boost gauge? (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/186631-where-to-run-a-boost-line-for-aftermarket-boost-gauge.html)

Ian Carr 02-17-2005 07:48 PM

Where to run a boost line for aftermarket boost gauge?

As the title says, where should i run the boost line for my boost gauge. Should i go directly to the hard pipe or find a line inside the cabin (put a T in it and run it that way?? idk) Thanks in advanced. Also if i can run it off a inside line can you snag a picture if you have one!! :) :)

-Ian

stoked944 02-17-2005 08:11 PM

There is a line right on the passengerside inside connected to the computer. Just T it. But i couldn't figure out how to run it under the paneling to my center console so if anyone has any advice on that let me know.

special tool 02-17-2005 08:18 PM

Yeah - just use the klr line.
Are you driving that thing yet?

Ian Carr 02-17-2005 08:28 PM

Just got the motor back from the shop today :)

So where is this line is it up behind the dash? I see a line next to the drivers seat under that carpet that looks like a vacuum line but i'm not sure.

-Ian

special tool 02-17-2005 08:31 PM

NO. the klr is behind the kickpanel in the passenger footwell. The line is attached to the klr with the smallest banjo bolt this side of the Kuiper belt

evil 944t 02-17-2005 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by TurboX

So where is this line is it up behind the dash? I see a line next to the drivers seat under that carpet that looks like a vacuum line but i'm not sure.

-Ian

Don't do use that line. Everytime someone turns on the heat you'll blow a donut!

Follow special tools description. Its under the passenger side kick panel. Behind the black piece of wood. You'll see to metal boxes, DME and KLR. KLR has the vac line on it.

KuHL 951 02-17-2005 09:01 PM

Is there any real advantage accuracy wise on running a separate vac/boost line from a 5-port mini-manifold like Laust is selling? I was going to get one anyway for the venturi delete. I've always hated 'T' connectors and really dont want anything possibly effecting the signal to the KLR. My gauge will be on the steering pod so I figure I might as well pass it through a grommet under the drivers side. Is this overkill trying to get the dedicated reading directly from the manifold?

hosrom_951 02-17-2005 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by TurboX

-Ian

Sleeved to 100.50mm :roflmao:

Sorry, i coudn't help it........

If you don't want to place a "T" on the KLR line, you could use the FPR or Laust's intake vacuum........they both get the source from the intake (KLR, FPD).

But the plumbing distance is just shorter (and simpler) with the KLR.....(as SP mentioned)

Ian Carr 02-17-2005 09:33 PM

No we sleeved to 100.00 :p

ok so from the KLR it is!

theedge 02-18-2005 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by stoked944
There is a line right on the passengerside inside connected to the computer. Just T it. But i couldn't figure out how to run it under the paneling to my center console so if anyone has any advice on that let me know.

Theres a nice gap behind the stereo headunit to run all kinds of stuff. Be neat about it and youll never notice unless youve got your head under the dash.