Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Any News on Powerwerks new product range

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:18 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any News on Powerwerks new product range

According to their website they are only stocking the new Brambo Brake kit for 951???
Old 01-12-2005, 09:54 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tommo: They have a few things up their sleeve , did you try contacting (emailing) paul? he posted here a few times regarding new products.........
Old 01-17-2005, 11:50 AM
PowerWerks
Instructor

This is a very busy time for us and we don't want to rush anything. We are taking our time and making sure everything is perfect.

A few more items will be added to our website within the next 48hours......... then a few more next week.
Our first cat back is ready from R&D.... and will be fitted to a 951 tomorrow night. I will try to take some pictures and video, then post it on the website to give you an idea of look, fit and sound. Then in a week or two dyno and A/F data will be posted.

For those of you heading to Sebring at the start of Feb...... we will be there with our large trailer facility, selling our parts, factory maintenance parts and providing track/car set up and consulting services. We will also have equipment rentals available.
You will get to see a bunch of our new items (pre-website release)........ Carbon/Kevlar wings & splitters, Bi-Xenon headlight conversion kits using Carbon/Kevlar buckets, Carbon/Kevlar hoods just to name a few.

Also for those attending Sebring.... you will get to see our new GTP-LW kits in action.... we are running a set on our 87 911.
For those not attending we will be taking video footage and posting track data.
We have 5+ years of track data and lap times in our 911, using a factory setup and a 930 turbo setup. We will be continuously taking data all this year at many of the major tracks to use as a compassion, then we will post our results. The information will be obtained using the DL1 GPS/in-car telemetry system + data logging system.

Plus.... when we come back from Sebring we will testing a GTP-LW kit on a 951 back-to-back with a stock brake set up and a Big Red set up. Again the DL1 and a data logging system will be used. We will also be running the 951 at the track.

We are working with Brembo co-designing and building the GTP kits so that they work perfectly for each application.
Everything from hat design, mounting brackets and even the pad selection will be geared towards each specific application. Taking varying driving styles and driving demands in to consideration, we will be offering a number of different pad options.... from the new Carbon/Carbon Brembo pads (used by Ferrari on the F50) to PF and Padgid. Also as an option..... a full Carbon/Carbon rotor and pad option will be available.
The GTP components are currently being used on the Ferrari F40/F50 and the GTP-LW on Lotus and Jaguar. Jointly Powerwerks and Brembo are now bringing this technology to the 911, 951 and 968 market.

More updates to follow.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 01-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Adam H
Pro

Where is Sebring?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:39 PM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Florida.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:49 PM
tommo951
Burning Brakes

Paul,
Just out of interest you had a website full of parts. Have you taken a corporate decision on these lines?? Can we read more into this???

Cheers
Tom
Old 01-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bi-Xenon headlight conversion kits using Carbon/Kevlar buckets
What are you using for covers?
How much?
Where do I send the check?
Seriously

Carbon/Kevlar hoods just to name a few.
How much?
When?
Pictures?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:33 PM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Hi Tommo,

Good to hear from you....... as you know we did carry many items from other vendors.

To take the side of diplomacy, lets just say there were many reasons, that I do not wish to list, for us not wishing to sell their products.
Basically we came to the realization that we could design and build a better product and offer a better service doing this.

I am going to let our products speak for themselves...... providing dyno, A/F and race data to highlight our products benefits.

We will be keeping brand names such as Sparco, Cobaru and Brembo etc.......

MattH,
We are offering two kits:

The entry level kit comprises of 2 90mm Hella Halogen headlamps (made to simulate the look of the Carrera GT) that use the new high output H9 bulb which makes 1800 lumens compared with 1650/1000 Lumens for an H4. These lamps are DOT/SAE legal. The Low Beam is a projector lamp and the High Beam is of Free Form Construction

The top end kit is Bi-Xenon lamp that provides both high and Low beams in one HID Xenon lamp.

We are just testing an ABS plastic version and a Lexan version of headlight cover . We may offer both...... we want to do more testing first.

I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 01-17-2005, 03:38 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Wow, if you can create a good bucket/cover you've got me on your list! Also will it be possible to buy just the buckets/covers/light mounting pieces if I've already got Hella 90mm lights?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:39 PM
PowerWerks
Instructor

Sure... if you want just the bucket and cover, thats fine.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Adam H
Pro

Yeah, I forsee those selling like hotcakes.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Matt H
What are you using for covers?
How much?
Where do I send the check?
Seriously

How much?
When?
Pictures?
yeah, if you can make something that FITS unlike the GT ones.... i'll gladly buy buckets and covers (already have the lamps / ballasts / wiring etc). hell, i'll buy them TODAY.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of the 90mm Hellas too. How are you addressing the wiring for the new bulbs, the factory wiring is woefully inadequate.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:13 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PowerWerks
Hi Tommo,

Good to hear from you....... as you know we did carry many items from other vendors.

To take the side of diplomacy, lets just say there were many reasons, that I do not wish to list, for us not wishing to sell their products.
Basically we came to the realization that we could design and build a better product and offer a better service doing this.

I am going to let our products speak for themselves...... providing dyno, A/F and race data to highlight our products benefits.

We will be keeping brand names such as Sparco, Cobaru and Brembo etc.......

MattH,
We are offering two kits:

The entry level kit comprises of 2 90mm Hella Halogen headlamps (made to simulate the look of the Carrera GT) that use the new high output H9 bulb which makes 1800 lumens compared with 1650/1000 Lumens for an H4. These lamps are DOT/SAE legal. The Low Beam is a projector lamp and the High Beam is of Free Form Construction

The top end kit is Bi-Xenon lamp that provides both high and Low beams in one HID Xenon lamp.

We are just testing an ABS plastic version and a Lexan version of headlight cover . We may offer both...... we want to do more testing first.

I will post some pics as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Paul

Sounds expensive

You must be secretly comming on this forum and 'lisntening' to what some of us are looking for
Old 01-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Cyrus951
Rennlist Member

Very interested in the Xenons!
My BMW has them, and I would LOVE to have them on the 951!

Quick Reply: Any News on Powerwerks new product range