944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

"Haters" on the roadways

Old 01-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Silverbullet951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've gotten lots of disrespect in my car. One guy drives up to me, asks for me to pull down my window, so I do it, and he asks me

"Are you f*cking Retarded?"

I'm like "what???"

He repeats this several times, but I tell him he's got problems, and I drive off.

Another time, I get a guy yelling and cursing at me that I stole his car, and that I was ******. Basically, these people have problems.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:32 AM
bigs
Dean of Rennlist, "I'm Listening"

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 962 Likes on 415 Posts

You were at Walmart. There's yer trouble.
Old 01-06-2005, 01:04 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry... Around here (boondocks.... Rich Boondocks) i get a bunch of negitive and alot of positive responce. Alot of kids think my car costed 25k$ and that since its a "Porsche" i am a rich Prep or some thing. Most kids like the car think its sweet, it has a porsche emblem so it has to be fast (Duh) and it does look very nice. THEN there are the kids that think any thing is beter. These kids (mostly) are the type of kids that are getting a WRX STI or a CHIPPED 2004 AUDI A4 as a graduation present from high school. They like to tell you that your car is slow and that theres is SO MUCH FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I really dont care about them though cause my car is 1/10 the price of there car and still as fast, handels nice, and has a porsche patch.

ALL In ALL People are jelious cause you have a nice car that or they don't like you cause you look funny or some thing....

-Ian's 2 cents
Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are you going to WVU's main campus? I don't know what it is about that area but it is loaded to the gils w/ people who are angry at the world. I use to hate playing hockey there!
Old 01-06-2005, 01:52 AM
nize
Banned

people used to do stuff like that to me all the time. then i got my windows one-way mirror tinted and now nobody bugs me.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:11 AM
inactiveuser92616
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in CO the problem is different, everyone has heard about the performance of Porsches and pull out in front of me to see if it really can stop on a dime.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:12 AM
nize
Banned

installing iceshark's light cannon upgrades should solve that problem...
Old 01-06-2005, 03:24 AM
faithless
Pro

From my own experience, the most effective anti-annoyance tactic is to take a quite large .50 caliber pistol, and hang it from your rearview mirror. You can almost hear the motorists messing their pants.

Anyway, my best advice is to just let it slide. These people take one look at you and start passing judgements. That type of person obviously has problems to sort out. On the other hand, some kids just think the car is cool probably because it sticks out in its rarity, even as the most produced single model Porsche ever. And there are people that dont even notice, or think the car is ugly. In the end, stuff like this doesnt matter at all.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Chipster
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

This is another reason why I boycotted WalMart. That and door dings. No matter how far out you park, some knuckle-head with a car load of kids feels the need to park a foot away from my driver's door. I refuse to shop there - too many bad experiences. It drives my wife crazy. But that's what I do best... .
Old 01-06-2005, 07:55 AM
special tool
Banned

Turbox - WRX STI??? Those things are anchors.
Did you get the STOCK block yet?
Get the stock engine, and I'll have you passing Zo6's like they are tied to a rock.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 AM
TheJonesBoy
Advanced

Default Oddly enough

I have had my share of rednecks cutting me off, flipping me the bird, etc. Then again, I have also had the compliments, thumbs ups, and other good vibes. Gotta take the good with the bad. Most people have no idea that these cars are ~20 years old and still competitive with current vehicles. I bought the car for performance, handling, and the amazing feel. I couldn't give a danm what anyone else thinks.

Anyone calling you a *** is just uncomfortable with the feelings they get looking at you in your car

The most snubbed I ever felt was actually at a PCA drivers ed info meeting. I was about 24, the youngest guy there. I broke my butt in school, broke my butt at work, broke my butt fixing the car, and now I would finally get to learn to use it. I found a few instructors, and tried to talk to them, get friendly, and see what was up. They all looked like they were eating lemons and gave me additude like I was looking to do donuts in mommys car. When I tried to tell them I had been to other performance oriented drivers ed classes, and drove responsibly in them, I was given the "this isn't a racing its drivers ed" lecture. Man, I was livid.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:04 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

yea, I smile and wave.

Although not a big guy either, 5'10 180, but I have never been one to turn down a jack *** that is asking for an *** whippin.

Or at least teach them the manners thier momma didn't.

Only way to get them NASCAR boys to learn is smoke thier POS falling apart IROC's
Old 01-06-2005, 12:08 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

What pisses me off far more then idiots/rednecks that don't know about our cars, is the rich, soccer mom's in the Boxter S, or even GT3 (yes, it was a sad site) that have no idea they are sitting at a redlight next to a Porsche. I always wanna lean over and ask, "hey, has that car ever even seen 4K rpm???" and you it hasn't, unless she downshifted to far by mistake

I have even heard one soccer mom get asked about her car and she said, "No, it's a Boxster, not a Porsche."

AAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 12:16 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"The most snubbed I ever felt was actually at a PCA drivers ed info meeting. I was about 24, the youngest guy there. I broke my butt in school, broke my butt at work, broke my butt fixing the car, and now I would finally get to learn to use it. I found a few instructors, and tried to talk to them, get friendly, and see what was up. They all looked like they were eating lemons and gave me additude like I was looking to do donuts in mommys car. When I tried to tell them I had been to other performance oriented drivers ed classes, and drove responsibly in them, I was given the "this isn't a racing its drivers ed" lecture. Man, I was livid."

Proves my point of above. The most attitude and snubs is from other "porsche" people.

I went to the local PCA meetings a couple of times and it was a joke. A bunch of Dr.'s and lawyers all ther et otalk about their cars and you know they have no idea how to drive them. And they ran the meetings like a damn student council. What a joke!!

I almost expected some of them to actually trailer thier cars to the meetings
Old 01-06-2005, 02:06 PM
flyguy
Instructor

Hinch, I hope youre about to graduate. I was in Buckhanon (exit 99 on 79) for 2.5 years, and it was a living HELL with my 951. I got that sh*t all the time, so I finally got a 1988 POS honda with no muffler, and I finally started to fit in. Get out of there man... that state sucks monkey nutz.

just go back for 2-3 days at a time and it's all good... 3 days is the limit though; after 3, you start noticing how much of a dump it really is.

No offense to the other 2 of you guys from that state, you two were cool.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Haters" on the roadways