Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Xpost: Free PPI's in KC for Rennlist members

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 01:37 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Xpost: Free PPI's in KC for Rennlist members

As a way to give something back to Rennlist, I (on behalf of the KC Wrenching Society) am offering to do free PPI's for any paid Rennlist member looking at a 944/951/968 in the KC area. If you are NOT a Rennlist member and want/need a PPI done, it will only cost you the price of a two year membership to Rennlist. I may elect to do other cars upon request, but I don't have any real familiarity with other models of Porsches, so keep that in mind.

I can do a general lookover on the car, and will snap some pics and go over a checklist of items for you, if you are just looking. If you are serious about buying and want to take the next step, I can also do a compression check and leakdown test for you as well, and get the car up in the air to inspect the underside of it. All of this at no charge (as stated above), subject to a few caveats:

1) I am a busy guy, so please do this only if you are serious about buying a car.

2) I am a busy guy, so please realize that you will have to schedule this around my available time.

3) I am a busy guy (spot a trend here? ...lol) so if you want the compression/leakdown tests done, you will have to arrange for the car to come to me. Also, the Kansas City area is remarkably big for having such a "small town" image, so keep in mind that I might have a drive a pretty good distance to check some of these cars out, and may elect to decline based on distance limitations or prior committments.

3) I am not a "professional" and as such, you need to realize that you are getting advice from an "enthusiast". No warranties or guarranties are expressed or implied here, you get what you pay for, and you will have to agree to release me from any liability on any purchasing decisions you make. If you want/need a warranty on this, there are some very good shops that you can take it to and pay a couple of hundred dollars to them for advice from a "professional".

4) I would like to talk with the owner of the vehicle about doing the compression test/leakdown test prior to doing it. Things have a way of breaking on older car, and if the vacuum lines are all brittle or they are still running the original plug wires, I don't want to wind up being liable for repairs on things that break while doing the inspection. If the owner is reasonable and the car looks to be in okay shape, fine, but if I have concerns about either the car or the owner, I may elect not to proceed. There is very little that can go wrong while doing a compression or leakdown test, but it pays to be careful.

Drop me an email or PM me if you are interested. At this point, I am just posting this to see if anyone is interested, maybe we can get some of the other Rennlist groups (Texas GReaseslingers and SW Ohio Wrenchers being two that come to mind) to offer the same.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Xpost: Free PPI's in KC for Rennlist members