Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

HELP - AVC-R Setup Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 11:26 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danno
Second, have your boost-solenoid hooked up only in single-port mode. Dual-port has really slow response, especially in the lower-RPMs when you try to get max-boost as quickly as possible. If you're gonna use dual-port, use dual-solenoids with the outlets of one the 3-way solenoids swapped.
where can you purchase a second solenoid for the avc-r (older style, if that matters) for a dual port wastegate?
Old 04-17-2005, 02:07 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

herrtzeber - How do you have the pressure lines routed on the solenoid? What is on NO, NC, COM?
Old 04-17-2005, 02:15 PM
herrtzeber
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a lindsey dual port waste gate and my understanding anyway is that the ports are reversed on them. correct?
i have nc hitting the top and com hittin the side
Old 04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Bengt Sweden
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My APEXi always show a higher max boost value than what I can read from my manual gauge.
Also the APEXi graph can show a nice flat boost at set set value but the max boost still shows a higher value. It is as if it get's a spike when you let go of the throttle. I haven't bothered further.

Bengt
Old 04-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not familiar with the LR dual port. When opening, does the valve project out of the wasteate (like the stock WG) or does the valve get pulled into the wastegate?

It sounds like you are trying to run it in dual port without a second solenoid like danno mentioned. I have it setup in a completely different way with my dual port wastegate (Deltagate). The NO port on mine is connected to the banjo, and the COM goes to the Wastegate. You can actually route the NC line back to the intake boot just like the cycling valve does.

This way, if the AVC-r loses power or fails for any reason, the NO will open, passing pressure from the banjo to the COM and down to the wastegate, allowing it to open. Works for me.

Quick Reply: HELP - AVC-R Setup Problem