Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Track car pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 12:47 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of which, you can get a fiber glass roof, clailmed to lower center of gravity, thus effecting the roll cage. Ever thought of that?

Last edited by hosrom_951; 08-20-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:49 AM
Bryans951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have nothing to say but, WOW!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another problem reared it's ugly head; ball joints. Yep, both fronts trashed, one really bad. Jim was working on the camber, castor and toe settings. After driving the car, he stated that the the car loved a right turn but it was difficult in a left hander, wanted to wobble. We had new castor blocks and control arm bushings to go on so we also got the stuff for new ball jts - safety item at the track. Good thing too, take a look at the pics as the items on the left are a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 08-15-2004, 08:09 AM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ski-

With everything you have put into this car, why haven't you stepped up to some race control arms?

Max
Old 08-15-2004, 08:21 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Those charlie billet arms?

Look at that ball joint, just torn in pieces, good job at catching it right on time.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by macnewma
Ski-

With everything you have put into this car, why haven't you stepped up to some race control arms?

Max
$$$

They're in the picture for next year, just can't do it all. The car has all Weltmeister bushings in it, front and rear. The engine rebuild after scoring #4 cylinder was certianly unexpected too. We were offered an ABS setup but that also meant spindles and we had a set that was already machined for the 19mm ball jt; we just don't have the money for it. We'll get a couple of DE's under our belts and then the next upgrades will be arms and better brakes.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Maybe my wife will read this and find out what Charlie Arms are and matching castor blocks and get them for me for X-Mas...probably not so to save the $$ needed secretly.

In the meantime, 968 updated castor blocks, Weltmeister bushings, and rennbay ball jt kits will have to do for the remainder of the year. The rear is aligned, the front is about 50% finished, as Jim is getting ready for TWS DE on the 28th and 29th.

That's about it guys and gals as the control arms were the last things to go in, well actually the Kelly Moss camber plates will be tomorrow or this weekend I guess. We both, Jim and me, hope you've enjoyed the read, the pics, and the info. We appreciate all the support and info passed on by others and the words of encouragement from ALL. I'll try to have a follow up after the DE and dyno. The DE will be run at 15psi, then a few more miles and dyno at 18psi to run 18 psi the rest of the time. If your going to TWS for the DE, look for green Chevy pickup, white trailer with red checkered race flag graphics, oh and the lime green splitter and give Jim a big thumbs up for a great job.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Geo
Race Director

Way cool! I'm going to try to get out there for the debut. I have to train Saturday monring, but should be able to be to the track well before noon. Looking forward to seeing the car.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:11 PM
DAR951
Pro

Originally Posted by Ski
give Jim a big thumbs up for a great job.
Big thumbs up to BOTH you guys. Thanks a ton for the great play by play, it's been very inspiring. Now go out and enjoy your toy before the next round of mods...
Old 08-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks George and Don. I might get a kitchen pass and fly down to Houston and rent a car but it's doubtful with school starting the day before, wifes birthday on the 26th, but Hallet looms in the future.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ski
Thanks George and Don. I might get a kitchen pass and fly down to Houston and rent a car but it's doubtful with school starting the day before, wifes birthday on the 26th, but Hallet looms in the future.
Ah, looks like I misread. You're not going to have your car done for the DE, right?

I'm still trying to move forward with mine. Had a small accident a couple of weeks ago. I was welding the gussets in the X on the cage and when I climbed inside (from the other side) I realized I left my wire cutters outside the car. Since the welding wire had a big booger on it, I leaned out of the car to get the cutters and heard pssssssssss.

Thought I stepped on the gun trigger (which would have been scary enough). But, I realized pretty quickly it was my sweat boiling and my first layer of skin vaporizing.

I climbed inside today for the first time since then to take some photos of the wiring harness. Hopefully this weekend I'll get back on track. I have to get my totalled turbo G20 out of the garage (have to drop the engine first) and then I can get the 944 in. Then I'll drop the suspension, engine, and gearbox and then prep for paint. Whew. I was hoping to be done by end of Sept, but that isn't going to happen. It will be on the track this year though.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

No it will be ready and Jim is going to take it, as we are partners in the car.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:41 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ski
No it will be ready and Jim is going to take it, as we are partners in the car.
OK, cool. Well I'll try to make it. The Houston Greaseslingers (the Greaseslingers is the name we gave the Texas 944 Rennlist group) is supposed to get together next weekend as well. But I really want to see the car.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:22 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Great work guys.

From stripping out the interior all the way to suspention, you guys showed SO much helpful info. SO much work (and $$ ) was done and effort.

Good luck to you ALL
Old 08-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

one more pic before it hits TWS. I might be there Sunday

Quick Reply: Track car pics