Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse Winter Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:46 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

1 is usually capped if you have an aftermarket boost controller.
2 is AOS and goes to 4
3 goes to 5 via the bypass/blow-off valve
don't forget the brake booster line port hiding under 3 in your picture
7 is part of the evap system, so not sure why you're dealing with it, but see diagrams here:

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/VACDIA.html
Old 04-27-2019, 08:52 PM
Dan Martinic
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 131 Posts

What happened to 6?

Also you've got the vent for the timing belt cover. I suppose you should take the hose off and cap that? Or, does it have to stay vented? I thought there was a recall where the dealer would cap them off... though my '88 still has it
Old 04-27-2019, 09:49 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I see Tom already responded (thanks Tom). I replied to the other thread..
Old 04-28-2019, 02:57 PM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

#7 needs a hose and it goes to the rabbit ears that are screwed onto the top of the metal pipe that comes out of the very back of the head. If you look at the back and below the intake manifold from the passenger side, you may have to move wires and hoses you should see a small brass part with 2 black tubes that are less than a half inch long and they are shaped like a V, kinda. They are very brittle if they are even there anymore. The hose goes from #7 and slide it over one of the thin black tubes. If the other one is still there, a hose connects to the other part of the V and the other end of the hose slides over a fitting under the throttle body. If the black things broke off just leave it. The purpose of the whole thing is that gas tank vapors come out of #7 and go to the rabbit ears. That has a heat valve inside, so when the engine gets hot enough, it opens up and lets the vapors go to the throttle body and into the manifold to get burned up. You can just run a hose from #7 to the throttle body connection. Those things brake all the time.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:01 PM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

I didn't see Tom's post. I wrote all that for nothing. Haa. John when is the Vitesse DME coming out?
Old 04-28-2019, 03:11 PM
KEVIN ANDERSON
Racer

Excellent choice by going with the Vitesse MAF kit. The best part is that you get John with the kit. He knows just about everything there is to know about these cars and will always answer your questions. I had the MAF kit and the piggyback tuner. I already had 55# injectors, so John was able to factor that into the software that usually uses 80# injectors. I never had to tune my car because it was perfectly tuned just with the Vitesse chipboard. Unfortunately, that car caught on fire and was a total loss. I still have the brand new piggyback tuner that I'm going to eventually use on the 951 that I am putting together now. Now that Josh is gone and Lindsey sells his products, there is very, very, very little knowledge or customer support if you call them with a question about the Rogue products they sell. John is the opposite.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
Vitesse MAF uses the stock DME/KLR with none of the issues. So assuming it's the "80's electronics" is not a correct statement. There is always a reason.
Typically 1 in 10 951's are possessed by evil spirits and only an exorcism will truly return them to proper function parameters.....

Hi John!
Old 05-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Dave951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
Typically 1 in 10 951's are possessed by evil spirits and only an exorcism will truly return them to proper function parameters.....
AKA replacing the vast majority of the engine wiring harnesses.

Quick Reply: Vitesse Winter Sale