Wilson gets attention after hiatus - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Wilson gets attention after hiatus

Old 01-21-2019, 07:09 PM
Noahs944
Super User

Default Wilson gets attention after hiatus

Hello Mates.
Got a week off in between jobs. Finally working on Wilson again. Finished the 3" exhaust today. Also here's a peek at the fuel delivery piping thus far.

Old 01-22-2019, 02:42 PM
lincolnturns
User

I like Wilson. I feel like he and I would be friends. And LOVE the race exhaust - so raw. Cheers and glad to see the updates.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 AM
fwb42
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice to see you back.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:20 PM
gruhsy
Addict
Rennlist Member

great to hear
Old 01-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Noahs944
Super User

Thank you Gentlemen! Felt good to take a break and feels good to be back. Lincolnturns: Wilson says "Hi". I saw this lowered repainted purple n/a yesterday. I stalked that car... with its headlights popped up and grunty 2.5 litre. It deserved to be in the fast lane! Emotionally I might as well been seeing the car below:

Old 02-04-2019, 01:43 AM
Noahs944
Super User

So my best buddy Brian drops by yesterday. Cold as hell outside. He singlehandedly almost convinces me we could get it running in a day. Hmmmm…. the pessimist meets the optimist. Anyway he helped me organize & get focused on a plan. Thanks Bri!
Old 02-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Noahs944
Super User

Above: last night installed 5 multipin connectors in the oem electrical harness near the driver's seat. That harness has always been a b*tch for painting floors or especially welding the roll cage. Now I can separate the harness into halves when trouble shooting or get it outta the way if needed. 30 wires!! Man, the days before multi-plexing technology.

Above: unfinished business. After trying to evade the inevitable, today I modified the fuel neck to accept the lines originally on the fuel tank. Also in prep for starting the car, I dumped 10 litres of fresh gasoline into the tank and found one of my welds leaking gas on the floor, so I just clamped a rubber hose over the joint.

Above: hard to photograph the entire thing: to clarify, this car is going to be used as a daily driver and on long trips, where exhaust note can enhance an experience or get old really quickly. I do have a free flow 3" Magnaflow muffler (left) and hi flow 3" cat (right). As a mechanic I smell stinking things all the time. I don't want gasoline odours or unconverted exhaust fumes on my daily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: