Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Saratoga Tops

Old 11-22-2023, 04:53 PM
Sharkitect
7th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pilkington Saratoga top fail

I have an 86 944T & signed up with Curt at Pilkington Classics for one of their 1st new Saratoga Tops.
After years of delays & conversations, I finally had one shipped 2/2020. Not only was it visibly inferior, it
didn't fit. When I spoke to Curt & explained the design flaws & how it was designed not to fit I asked
how did they ever get one to fit? He actually admitted that they didn't have access to any 944 so
they just followed some old drawings. He refunded my money & paid to have it shipped back. I
asked him to please contact me if they ever resolved the flaws. No word yet 3-1/2 years later.
Old 11-22-2023, 06:08 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkitect
I have an 86 944T & signed up with Curt at Pilkington Classics for one of their 1st new Saratoga Tops.
After years of delays & conversations, I finally had one shipped 2/2020. Not only was it visibly inferior, it
didn't fit. When I spoke to Curt & explained the design flaws & how it was designed not to fit I asked
how did they ever get one to fit? He actually admitted that they didn't have access to any 944 so
they just followed some old drawings. He refunded my money & paid to have it shipped back. I
asked him to please contact me if they ever resolved the flaws. No word yet 3-1/2 years later.

I worked directly with Pilkington to make new hardware and resolve the fitment issues. All of the issues have been resolved. I am a direct distributor for them and if you would like more information the please send me a message.
Old 12-03-2023, 07:30 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a new Top available for Manual roofs only.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saratoga Tops