Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cheap Silver Rose in NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 02:10 PM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
There is a pic of the VIN number....if the pic is the VIN from the car. That should identify it's not an S

I read WPOAA295XJN151251....not the greatest pic

UPDATE to the owner

Ok. I just ran the VIN with Porsche. IT IS NOT AN S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OWNER is 100% wrong
This car is rough, but it is 100% real Turbo S.
With all due respect to others on this forum, I ran the vin# through a friend at Porsche, I pulled the carfax as well (vin# is WP0AA295XJN151251 with a '0' not an "O"). In addition, the Rear label corroborate the information I received from Porsche.

What is visibly wrong or missing (in no particular order):
(1) the engine is not a Turbo S engine.... this engine is pre-1987 (this was an absolute deal breaker for me... i could have managed through everything else)
(2) almost every panel is damaged on this car, it will need a complete repaint. Drivers door (including mirror) used to be red
(3) no cruise control
(4) no 10 speaker sound system, no head unit
(5) door panels and rear seats are completely wrong, and not just the covering, but the items themselves (door panels with sound system, and split rear seats), wrong shift boot and shift ****
(6) right mirror cracked
(7) windshield damaged/delaminating (i couldn't tell)
(8) Spare and all tools missing

Other:
(9) had 10+ owners
(10) used as a track car, has a welded roll cage in it
(11) two accidents... left drivers door was completely replaced, left front fender gaps are way off (poor repair)
(12) no current service history

What i did not check in detail:
(13) oil pan, if it has been changed.... i looked under the car but did not see the oil level sensor
(14) shocks
(15) brakes

I hope this helps anyone who is interested in buying it. I know the seller, and he has an excellent reputation.

Quick Reply: Cheap Silver Rose in NY