Alternatives to Abaco 85mm MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Daniel Nichols
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternatives to Abaco 85mm MAF?

Hey guys,
I used to post here often but made a new account. My abaco air flow meter finally gave up the ghost; I was wondering if anyone recommended an alternative. I have factory ecu but a hard pipe going to the area in front of the reservoir. Something similar in size to the abaco would be cool. I'm assuming the problem is the meter; when I unplug it the car idles fine. As soon as I plug it back in it dies out eventually after idling very rough.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:31 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

I'm not sure I'd write off the MAF based on that test alone. I'd probably check the voltage on pin 7 when you with the MAF connected and see if what it says. I don't know that MAF, but the AFM and most MAFs should be somewhere in the .5 to .7 volt range at idle, or close thereto depending on elevation, temp, etc. If the MAF supplies an air temp signal, I'd check that too. You might also try one of the MAF hot-wire spray cleaners in case it's just gunked up in there. Unless you find a direct replacement for that MAF, you'll probably need to switch to a different MAF/chip combo like Vitesse, or just return to stock.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:03 PM
bw993
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I think you can still buy the ABACO MAF from Summit Racing for ~$150 new, so that may be your least expensive option.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Daniel Nichols
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!!

Quick Reply: Alternatives to Abaco 85mm MAF?