Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

help with replacement parts (Weltmeister swaybars)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with replacement parts (Weltmeister swaybars)

I'm sure this is a simple request for many of you! I thought(!) it would be a simple request for Weltmeister too.

The bottom bushing is gone out of the rod links for my rear sway bars. I spent a couple phone calls and a number of e mails over a two week period with the Weltmeister (i.e. Ecklers) "tech"...he didn't seem to have any idea what I needed and thought the piece was custom??? No way. He asked for pics which I sent. Thanks to "The Edge" here on the forum I sent a PDF of the front swaybar instructions hoping this would help him.

http://thedge.info/rennlist/weltmeisterbars/weltbar.pdf

Looks like I just need the drop link, rubber bushings and metal bushing liners...looks to be a 3/8" bolt securing it?

he wrote back the part numbers and I ordered them. THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE! The part numbers shipped were a HUGE 19mm rubber bushing and two mother rubber bushings..the first had a about a 1 1/4" OD!

Question: It looks like the rod ends should be solid..not rubber?

Any help is appreciated!!!
Attached Images   
Old 06-30-2010, 02:08 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes that should be rubber in there, with a bushing for the bolt. It is a bitch ordering stuff from Weltmeister (ive tried three times now, got the wrong thing each time). In fact, I MIGHT have gotten some of those rubber bushings, I can check.

Do you have a picture of how it was before, and some measurements? That might help them. If not I can take measurements of mine so you can explain it to them.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:13 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theedge
Yes that should be rubber in there, with a bushing for the bolt. It is a bitch ordering stuff from Weltmeister (ive tried three times now, got the wrong thing each time). In fact, I MIGHT have gotten some of those rubber bushings, I can check.

Do you have a picture of how it was before, and some measurements? That might help them. If not I can take measurements of mine so you can explain it to them.
uh oh...I'm not alone then.

I don't have a "before" picture...I've only owned the car a couple months now. All that's left to repair is this and the washer reservoir!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:35 PM
xupkid2
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call up Paragon Products. They have Weltmeister parts in stock. Ive bought the drop links from them in the past.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:41 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xupkid2
Call up Paragon Products. They have Weltmeister parts in stock. Ive bought the drop links from them in the past.
NICE! Thanks..
Old 06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just ordered these from Eckler's myself and the part number you need is P913960 (Rubber Bushing) at a cost of 3.99 for each half.

If you have any luck with Paragon let me know as I needed a jam nut too and they sent me the wrong size and said that was all they had.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 06-30-2010, 06:00 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by Josh B
Just ordered these from Eckler's myself and the part number you need is P913960 (Rubber Bushing) at a cost of 3.99 for each half.

If you have any luck with Paragon let me know as I needed a jam nut too and they sent me the wrong size and said that was all they had.

Thanks for the reply Josh...

the photo you sent shows the rubber bushing and metal liner. Does that part number cover both those pieces?
Old 06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racerxrick
Thanks for the reply Josh...

the photo you sent shows the rubber bushing and metal liner. Does that part number cover both those pieces?
Just the rubber part. I called Paragon just a little bit ago and they do carry parts for the 22mm rear sway bar...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Angry

geez....I'm not getting anywhere. Paragon doesn't carry replacement parts.

I talked with Automotion (i.e. Weltmeister) and let's just say I'm struggling being kind with my words. They don't know??? and this is the 2nd person I've spoke with. He said the only thing they have is the following "Pro Series" srop link kit at $150.

http://www.automotion.com/product.as...ept%5Fid=5042#

The part number Josh B sent (P913960) they claim is not valid. Yet Josh just bought them!

Hmmm???

What about this drop link kit from LR?:
http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...944-RDLNK.html

You guys think that will work? I'll just replace the whole drop link.

I really would have thought this would be a simple conversation and request for Weltmeister. "Hello, I need a bushing replacement kit for a Weltmeister 22mm swaybar on a 87' Porsche 944T". Uh, no
Old 07-01-2010, 05:22 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Are you calling the number on this page on the top? When I called they were reasonably helpful, but just sent the wrong part. I was trying to order the little spacer "buttons" that go in the droplinks. They figured out what I was talking about but sent the wrong size.

http://www.weltmeister.com/ProductDe...?productID=358
Old 07-01-2010, 06:16 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theedge
Are you calling the number on this page on the top? When I called they were reasonably helpful, but just sent the wrong part. I was trying to order the little spacer "buttons" that go in the droplinks. They figured out what I was talking about but sent the wrong size.

http://www.weltmeister.com/ProductDe...?productID=358
yeah...you can also call 800-423-3173 and it rings nthrough the same.

he tried to be helpful, just wasn't. I can't imagine why this is so difficult. Should be a common request.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We do have many of the replacement parts for the Weltmeister sways. It was my mistake on Josh's part but he called today and the second try was the charm ;-) . The correct part is on the way via Priority Mail.

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

I'm wondering what the symptoms were? -Was there an irritating knocking noise from the rear or anything?

-Keith
Old 07-07-2010, 06:54 PM
LS1Porch
Burning Brakes

You could always try to put a urethane swaybar endlink bushing in there, too. Autozone and many parts stores carry sets of them for $10. Looks like you've already solved the problem though.

Quick Reply: help with replacement parts (Weltmeister swaybars)