Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

power steering return line

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 06:24 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default power steering return line

I need to replace my return line (the one with the cooler. It looks like its 2 pieces joined between the cooler and the rack. Does anyone know what the actual fitting to hold the 2 pieces together is? just a hose clamp? im talking about what hold 8 and 9 in this diagram together

Old 10-23-2018, 12:14 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ine-bay-2.html

Unless it's damaged as in the metal is crushed it can be repaired with the new ends as seen in my thread post number 20. Where are you located? If you can't find a source locally I can have it fixed in Calgary for you at Greenline hose and fittings. The repair prices are probably still the same...and that is in Canadian dollar at about 77 cents on the US dollar...great for you....sucks for me

And yes it is just a hose clamp.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:26 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

I just cleaned the steering rack from one of the cars yesterday and installed the rack and engine cross brace and can 100% verify this as I have 2 of each of these hoses sitting in the garage right now.....nice and shinny clean.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:04 AM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gruhsy

I just cleaned the steering rack from one of the cars yesterday and installed the rack and engine cross brace and can 100% verify this as I have 2 of each of these hoses sitting in the garage right now.....nice and shinny clean.
just to confirm. In your picture the left flex hose has been replaced with some sort of fitting as has the right, but the right hose has what looks like a factory fitting. And the smaller flex hose just slides onto the end of the cooler and held on with a hose clamp? I thought it had a similar factory fitting like the one on the right. Any idea wha pt those fittings are called? Also could I just flair the metal and replace with AN fittings? Overkill but I have the tools
Old 10-23-2018, 01:39 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Yes held together with a hose clamp for sure.

The fitting on the left is a flare type nut that threads on to the longer hose end of the cooler pipe. It's nice because you can disconnect it at that location also. Greenline put on an imperial size hoses that are almost identical in ID to the metric lines. I would have to stop by Greenline and ask the name of the fittings as this was a few years ago now.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:43 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

The low return line is low pressure, almost anything will work. Do you have that thing running yet?
Old 11-01-2018, 04:58 PM
dizzyj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rlm328
The low return line is low pressure, almost anything will work. Do you have that thing running yet?
This is for my sp1. Turbo has been running for a long time.

Quick Reply: power steering return line