Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Can anyone give me the size difference between early and late control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by MAGK944

Imo upgrading the brakes on a 924S shouldn’t be a priority for an occasional track car, stock brakes are plently good, personally I would spend the money on suspension and tires instead. However if you still want to fit 4-pot Brembos from the S2/turbo you don’t have to change your suspension to late offset, I think you just need rotors and calipers from an 86 turbo.

The only advantage of late offset would be the stronger hubs and easier rotor removal, but I’m not sure you would find Porsche wheels to fit easily and they would probably need to be a custom offset from an aftermarket supplier.

Again, I repeat I’m not too familiar with the 924S, probably should start your own new thread on the 924/944 forum where someone else can chirp in.
This is good advice. Regardless of early or late offset, the NA/924S spindle/upright uses narrower bolt-hole spacing between the mounting ears for the brake calipers than does the 951/S2/968 version.

Check this page for more info:

https://members.rennlist.com/m758/944Suspension.htm
Old 07-09-2018, 10:49 PM
Jay Wellwood
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 267 Likes on 154 Posts

Good info - thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Can anyone give me the size difference between early and late control arms?