Anyone used the TTV 60-2 Flywheel? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Anyone used the TTV 60-2 Flywheel?

Reply

Old 06-13-2018, 12:32 AM
  #1  
944crazy
User
Thread Starter
 
944crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 593
Default Anyone used the TTV 60-2 Flywheel?

I'm starting to seriously consider going for a 60-2 flywheel in an effort to solve my trigger issues.

So just wondering if anyone on here has used the TTV 60-2 wheel and how did it go?

http://ttvracing.com/product/porsche...-60-2-trigger/
944crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:46 AM
  #2  
951and944S
Super User
 
951and944S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New Orleans/Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,598
Default

Nice piece.

I remember seeing a link to it, probably here so somebody must have feedback.

I installed a product test engine for a customer once, purchased after some dyno runs showcasing products from the company I linked to you a few days ago, The Power Group.

Their solution was was just, drilled, threaded and installed factory raised set screws every 6 degrees.

A lot of work (not really) but next to free if you have a donor flywheel to work with before tearing your car down.

T

Originally Posted by 944crazy View Post
I'm starting to seriously consider going for a 60-2 flywheel in an effort to solve my trigger issues.

So just wondering if anyone on here has used the TTV 60-2 wheel and how did it go?

http://ttvracing.com/product/porsche...-60-2-trigger/
951and944S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:38 AM
  #3  
NCLA951
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 411
Default

Iím probably going with that flywheel as well, so if anyone has installed one and run it would be great to hear!
NCLA951 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:01 AM
  #4  
951and944S
Super User
 
951and944S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New Orleans/Baton Rouge
Posts: 2,598
Default

BTW- isn't it possible to configure the disc you use to be able to substitute your stock flywheel for the 944S/S2..?

I have one of those you could have for free....

T

Originally Posted by 944crazy View Post
I'm starting to seriously consider going for a 60-2 flywheel in an effort to solve my trigger issues.

So just wondering if anyone on here has used the TTV 60-2 wheel and how did it go?

http://ttvracing.com/product/porsche...-60-2-trigger/
951and944S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:48 AM
  #5  
944crazy
User
Thread Starter
 
944crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 593
Default

Originally Posted by 951and944S View Post
BTW- isn't it possible to configure the disc you use to be able to substitute your stock flywheel for the 944S/S2..?

I have one of those you could have for free....

T
Thank you for the offer, unfortunately I don't think I can use an S/S2 flywheel with my 951 clutch and bell housing...otherwise that would be a convenient solution.

I quite like the grub screw idea from your other post above though.
944crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:14 PM
  #6  
MAGK944
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
MAGK944's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Palm Beach, Florida
Posts: 4,700
Default

I have the TTV flywheel on a 951 and an S2 flywheel on an 86na, not much to say except they function as they should and I get no trouble from them. I run Electromotive on both.

The S2 flywheel and bellhousing will physically fit a 951 engine as it swapped right into my na. Though Iím not certain if it slightly relocates the starter to cause a problem with a 951 crossover. Plus youíd need to find an S2 performance clutch sufficient for your 951ís power, the S2 clutch is smaller than a 951.

Obviously the cheapest option is an S2 flywheel & bellhousing with a suitable performance clutch, that is if it all clears on a 951, otherwise personally Iíd go TTV again on a 951, itís a very well made piece.
MAGK944 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:23 PM
  #7  
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member
 
V2Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 41,116
Default

You could use the push-type Spec clutch via Lindsey Racing, they offer their own 16v-suitable 60-2 flywheel for the conversion for a good price.
Even with the smaller diameter they say can be uprated ~70 lbft vs a standard pull-type.

https://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Par...SPEC944PT.html
V2Rocket is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:08 PM
  #8  
odonnell
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
odonnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 4,474
Default

Their website isn't loading the torque ratings for the different stages of the NA style push clutch. Which one will take 400-500 ftlbs?

Sorry to derail the thread.
odonnell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:19 PM
  #9  
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member
 
V2Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 41,116
Default

based on the comparable 944T versions itd be stage 2 or 3 (assuming some derating due to smaller diameter).

you're in their (LR) time zone..give em a call?
V2Rocket is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:24 PM
  #10  
944crazy
User
Thread Starter
 
944crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 593
Default

Originally Posted by MAGK944 View Post
I have the TTV flywheel on a 951 and an S2 flywheel on an 86na, not much to say except they function as they should and I get no trouble from them. I run Electromotive on both.

The S2 flywheel and bellhousing will physically fit a 951 engine as it swapped right into my na. Though Iím not certain if it slightly relocates the starter to cause a problem with a 951 crossover. Plus youíd need to find an S2 performance clutch sufficient for your 951ís power, the S2 clutch is smaller than a 951.

Obviously the cheapest option is an S2 flywheel & bellhousing with a suitable performance clutch, that is if it all clears on a 951, otherwise personally Iíd go TTV again on a 951, itís a very well made piece.
Good to hear someone is running it with no issues. What sensor and sensor mount are you using on the 951?
944crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: