Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

After Tial F38 installed, WG body in contact with torque tube = > OK or NOT

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 12:34 AM
Lemikson
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default After Tial F38 installed, WG body in contact with torque tube = > OK or NOT

Just got Tial F38 wastegate installed along with the 3” exhaust system. Custom job done by a very reputable fabricator, and excellent job execution by all means. Installation done with adaptor plates, hooked into 2-piece cross over pipe and dump tied into exhaust just before Hi-Flo CAT. Support bracket between OE WG and torque tube not used.

For some reason fabricator decided to set the body of the WG in contact with the torque tube. Zero clearance when exhaust cold – sitting solidly on the torque tube.

Do any of you see issues down the road with set up like this? I am not concerned about the movement under engine torque (rotation) as everything will/should rotate at the same amounts (up to that point everything is sold joints - engine, exhaust, WG, torque tube). Temperature expansions / contractions of the WG branch is what is maybe worrying me a bit, or I am over thinking it? Car is not a daily driver, but sees a solid push on DE days.

Also, not sure how the OE WG was supported via helper bracket connected with the torque tube? Was there a soft joint feature in that set up or it was a solid bolt-to bolt execution? If later than I should be OK I guess.

Last edited by Lemikson; 05-28-2018 at 12:37 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-28-2018, 04:53 AM
ealoken
Three Wheelin'

Received 114 Likes on 72 Posts

But why? my 38mm has 10mm clearence all over.
I would move it.

Quick Reply: After Tial F38 installed, WG body in contact with torque tube = > OK or NOT