Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AOS hose...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 07:00 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AOS hose...

I'm running one of Lindesy's silicone AOS hoses. I really like it and am glad they came out with these. I noticed the end which clamps on the AOS had popped off, so off came the intake manifold. I'm trying to tighten down without cracking the plastic nipple on top of the AOS but the hose still pulls off fairly easily. Any suggestions to keep it secure?
Old 04-29-2018, 07:56 PM
bw993
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I ran into the same issue with the Lindsey silicone AOS hose. The Lindsey silicone hose to the AOS has a short ~90 degree bend where it connects to the AOS nipple. Over time the silicone becomes very stiff and that bend seems to want to flatten out, which makes it hard to fit onto the AOS. What I did was to trim off the 90 degree bend off the silicone hose and connected, with a male to male coupler, a high pressure non-silicone hose with a greater radius to connect to the AOS nipple. Clamping the non-silicone hose to the plastic AOS nipple results in a material bond to the plastic, which eliminates the need to over-tighten the clamp.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:06 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks bw. I did something similar at the other end connection to the intake pipe. Guess I will have to do the same here. The radius hasn't started to straighten out on mine, it just isn't a secure connection. I was surprised to see it completely off the AOS when I was taking things apart. The other end goes into the MAF pipe after the MAF sensor, so if it's been completely disconnected that's a source of in-metered air. I'm running if this is why (or one of) the reasons I was running rich and couldn't track down the problem...

Quick Reply: AOS hose...