Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clainhart3's New 951

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Clainhart3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have't done a lot of work recently, but I did get a chance to install a new shifter. I used an old BMW Jaffster shift handle that I had lying around. I painted the LR shift rod black. New handle is rad. Would recommend.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:28 AM
Clainhart3
Intermediate

Well long time, no post. I recently did some work to the car to get it cleaned up and ready to sell. Unfortunately it's time to move on to another project.

​​​Over the past 6 months or so, the car started to run richer and richer, and there was a spot right around 2800RPM where the car would stutter and break up, so I knew something was going bad on it. I ran through a few parts before I found the culprit. After replacing the narrow band 02 sensor, water temp sensor, a set of spark plugs, new distributor hat and rotor, and having the battery reconditioned, I finally tested the throttle position sensor and determined that it was going bad. I replaced it, and everything cleared up. The car drives beautifully now. In the process, I did get to play with the Mafterburner tuning software which was pretty interesting. It's fairly low tech, but the car runs great, so if it ain't broke....

I also cleaned up the engine bay significantly. I spent an entire afternoon detailing it, and swapped out a few items to clean up the appearance. I replaced all the vacuum hoses with black pieces, cleaned up some of the routing and wiring, removed some stickers and swapped all the blue silicone couplers on the intake and intercooler piping for black ones. Overall I'm very pleased with the results. I went from this:

To this:

​​​​I also cleaned up the interior a bit as well. I painted the bezels of the 3 Autometer gauges in the center console which I have been meaning to do for a while, and I finally put the Momo shift boot on that I've had for a while. It looks a ton better than it did before. Here are some before and after shots.

Before:

After:

​​​​​​Finally, a really good buddy of mine got some amazing photos of the car recently. They are making it really hard to think about selling it. We'll see if I can convince the wife. Here are some of the highlights of the photoshoot:

That's all for now. I'll post the link to the for sale ad soon.

Thanks

Clayton

​​​​​
Old 04-27-2020, 09:35 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

She looks great, still miss seeing this one in the garage.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:44 AM
Clainhart3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ian
She looks great, still miss seeing this one in the garage.
Hey Ian,

Thanks man. I'll miss this one too. It's a great car, and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you are doing well. How's the 924 project coming along?
​​​
Old 04-27-2020, 01:12 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Cannot say the 924 project has moved forward too quickly. There were some setbacks, and then I got distracted with a few other cars in the garage, but I hope to make some progress soon.

Just wondering, what is the ask going to be on the 951?
Old 04-27-2020, 01:38 PM
Clainhart3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ian
Cannot say the 924 project has moved forward too quickly. There were some setbacks, and then I got distracted with a few other cars in the garage, but I hope to make some progress soon.

Just wondering, what is the ask going to be on the 951?
Gotcha on the 924. I know the feeling. We had our first girl back in October, so similar to you, my priorities have shifted a bit. Funny how that happens. Haha

Not exactly sure what the asking price will be yet. I might send it over to Hemmings for an auction instead of just posting it for sale. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in it, feel free to PM me for more details.

Thanks

Clayton
Old 04-28-2020, 11:12 PM
Clainhart3
Intermediate

Well, the time has come. The car is now for sale on Hemming's Auction website. Check it out here:

https://www.hemmings.com/auction/198...89-porsche-944

Hopefully it all goes well and continues to raise the market for us all!

Quick Reply: Clainhart3's New 951